Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    o man, so pumped to be skiing again. i hav hope for gores park now that ted will be a helping hand

Quote Originally Posted by Psizzle123
    o man, so pumped to be skiing again. i hav hope for gores park now that ted will be a helping hand
    Don't expect too much.
    send it!

some blah blah blahs we already knew about, but it is something to gnaw on.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html

Gore's web page is sporting a new look and a new slogan...."The Mountain that loves you back."

Friday's free premium parking offer sure is a priceless classic. better leave early to beat the stampede.

Sorry, but that's just too funny! Free premium parking....Shazaam!!! I'm feeling their love already.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    some blah blah blahs we already knew about, but it is something to gnaw on.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html

Gore's web page is sporting a new look and a new slogan...."The Mountain that loves you back."

Friday's free premium parking offer sure is a priceless classic. better leave early to beat the stampede.

Sorry, but that's just too funny! Free premium parking....Shazaam!!! I'm feeling their love already.
    Yeah right they are really gonna attract the masses with that lol

Not sure if this belongs here or the terrain thread.

I think the idea of the Opening Day Partay is a pretty cool idea. In a more normal year SOMETHING would be skiable, and having a bunch of other things to do might make people more willing to commit in advance. A great band, maybe some ski flicks in the lodge after dark. With any kind of per-opening cold you could probably blow enough snow at the base to have a snowman contest. You could have a groomer bulldoze the whole thing at the end for some extra excitement. Whatever.

Maybe call it something other than "Opening Day." Black Friday is a huge amount of pressure for Mtn Management, and the most important factor....temps...it outta their control. If the Black Friday Partay became known for it's awesome fun, maybe it would take some of the pressure off.

CB and I have been planning to come up this weekend since....well since closing last year. But things are still insane at work, money is still really tight, and I just can see spending the coin to come up for zero terrain. If the forecast goes even a hair colder and there'd be enough snow to cross country ski at Garnet Hill, we'll drive up Friday and maybe stay through Sunday or Monday. But right now I don't see that.

I'd really like to put some kind of blog piece together about opening day...a TR of sorts. Obviously if I'm not actually going there I'd need some help. It'd be very cool if anyone who was up on Friday could snap a few pics and send them my way. Might be kind of fun to do a collaborative effort. If you are interested, let me know.

Details here:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/11...og-needed.html

TIA.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I'll be there on Saturday with my new camera. I'll try to make few pictures

We will also take some pics of the (I hate to type this) "partay".....so 80's.

Party Gore---or something with Gore in the name....MARKETING. I also agree 100% with Harv....this can be a very fun day and would definitely take the pressure off. As it is...they will have some rails, which will be fun to watch. Maybe my son can hike up and ski down...if they let him. This is all he has been talking about for 2 weeks, since I told him he would be skiing on Thanksgiving...my bad.

Just think - we can watch it all happen at the Gore web cam.

^^^^^hehehe.

it was nice of Denison to get that Cam set up for us.
    incoming .................DUCK !