Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    ... Usually I'm just checking the weather or seeing what you have to say. I can't really think of anything you're missing, other than a webcam on top of bear
    Fuje hilarious ... I just finished this:

BearCam: The Dream
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Haha yup, I was just finishing reading what when I posted it.
    I bet with the price they paid for the great wall of chain would have covered the assets to get a webcam mounted up.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    Haha yup, I was just finishing reading what when I posted it.
    I bet with the price they paid for the great wall of chain would have covered the assets to get a webcam mounted up.
    Oh yeah. they got several thousand dollars worth of chain there. Plus last week, as i was leaving there was a grumbling Gore employee who was taking down all those lines segmenting the paid lot so they could plow it. take 'em down, put 'em back up. More costs.

I'm surprised more aren't bitchin about the bait and switch BS Gore pulled with the open but not open trails this weekend. how friggin lame is that!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    I'm surprised more aren't bitchin about the bait and switch BS Gore pulled with the open but not open trails this weekend
    On Friday at work I was trying to decide about coming up. At 8am the Gore website showed 20 trails including Hawkeye and Chatiemac. By noon it was down to 17 trails and I think the number dropped again later in the day.

If you are going to open trails with a foot of natural cover, and then close them as soon as they're beat that's cool. I remember last year scoring some on Uncas like that.

But don't post it on the site if it's just a temporary thing...people may only check once a day and assume the report is good for the day.

This didn't bum me out much because I KNEW you can't open Hawkeye and Chati on 14 inches of snow, for more than a few minutes. So I wasn't EXPECTING more than was open. But some probably were.

IMO: I don't think this was true bait and switch. Just not the best use of the website.

Shall we continue the or start a new topic? Lots of people were drawn in by the chance of opening the top. Lots of people were disappointed that it didn't open. JERKS!
    send it!

I hope the Gore/Facebook page survives. It's a way to get mtn info that we never had before.

If you agree, I'd put lots of feedback there - both negative and positive. And I'd be civil.

If you have questions about parking or snowmaking, ask em. Personally I think the better we treat people on the other side, the more we'll get out of it. If the page doesn't increase the dialog between the Mountain and the Faithful, then losing it is no loss.

And if management doesn't really want to hear what their customers think, it's their loss. Successful business ALWAYS want customer feedback, both positive and negative. It's how you stay competitive.

I'm guessing the people who pushed for FB are feeling pressure, and personally I'd hate to see it come down.

If it's a total bitchfest it's bound to go down.

Then we'll have no easy way to be heard.

I hear ya Harv, I really do. But it seems to me, et al, that all Gore is interested in is getting stroked. If you don't say how wonderful they are, they get childish. Well guess what...they're not wonderful.

I truly believe they do not give a rat's patutty for our thoughts, desires or wishes. It's only window dressing. Pratt's published comment " we don't ask for their input " was rather shocking for a public employee. It was more than a poor choice of words. Not only that, but they were rather snotty and unprofessional in their FB responses to posts that were not snotty or mean to Gore. Many were legit comments and legit compliants on Gore's decisions and Gore got pissy. Sure some FB comments by the public were a lil strong, but hardly over the top.

It does no good to be a constant " Yes! man " to people like that, especially when they are public employees. They work for us, not vice versa. Our days of kowtowing to people like that ended at Lexington and Concord.

If they close their FB....Big Whoop! There isn't any info there that is critical. Others can kiss Gore's mogul all they want. I'm not interested. Pratt's comment, along with other things, was a real turning point for me.

Perhaps the opposite is happening. FB seems to be feeding SKIADK! The More Gore'd people get, then more of them show up here.