Assessing the damage

I woke up to pouring rain...the webcam images look pretty sorry...anybody know more? Perhaps less damage closer to the top?

It poured for hours. now it's really warm and very windy. I just called the Mtn, and as they put it...." that's three things that are really hard on snow cover. It's melting fast, but then it's going to drop low enough to resume snowmaking."

I asked if this weekend was in jeopardy. They replied they weren't planning on have much open anyway. i guess they hope to be able to maintain the one run down to midstation. Still, it's warm.
    incoming .................DUCK !

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=12946

at least the forecast here looks good over the next few days. but the webcam looks pretty tough.
    skiing for life...

Is whiteface really going to be able to pull an opening off this weekend? This looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by asland
    Is whiteface really going to be able to pull an opening off this weekend? This looks bad.

With temps dropping tonight as well as tomorrow night...Sunday may be a good rock ski day Regardless, I am making turns this weekend.

They say Saturday tomorrow but looking at the cam now lower valley is in real bad shape. They have the guns set up to cover the bare area from the mid station up to where upper valley lets out. I hope they can make ALOT of snow in one night. I don't know I say get like 5 guns and put them all on the mid station lol

Whiteface insider says Upper Valley will be spotty but Excelsior is ok (as of today). Def. opening tomorrow.

I'm goin on Sunday

It might be wise to take the " rock skis " if you have some. I'm concerned that in the desire to get open, the snow will be really thin. I'm gonna wait a few days for better cover, which is what my golf buddy shoulda done. I may even call old Tiger up and see if His ol' Lady will let him out for a round or two.
    incoming .................DUCK !

They made snow on Ex all day above the Coon Pit. Too warm lower then that. Hopefully they can make enough tonight to ski to LW chair without walking.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.