Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmaking

Snowmaking

So they're hoping for Saturday, if not Sunday..

Guns are working hardest on Jamboree! WOO!!!!!
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

I couldn't get Denison to rename his thread "The Official Snowmaking Thread 09/10."

So I'm going to use Chris's thread. Here's my blog entry from today. It's a mishmosh of stuff ... it's about snowmaking as much as anything:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/12...-ny-12709.html
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

As of this moment 6-10 day temperature prediction picture looks awesome.

Does anyone have details about what the issues are with the snowmaking system? I heard a snowmaker say they aren't blowing upper mtn because of technical problems .... but that's all I know. Website has been mum about plans.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

It was weird being there yesterday and not one gun going on the summit. Fact, there weren'/haven't been many going anywhere, as Jimmer previously noted. I'm not sure if Pine Knot has even been blown at all. I remember looking at Rumor and wondering when, if...... i have seen mist rising from guns on Headwaters. Last season, they were able to have many guns going at once around the hill and Pratt even mentioned at an Orda meeting their abilty to blow more of the Mtn simultanously. Maybe there's not enough pressure to lift water to the summit. Somebody on Facebook suggested a lack of air pressure....Jimmer? That would explain the very limited amount of guns going. Gore people, including JFTJ, would likely keep any system problems VERY close to the vest. if there is a issue, which there definitely seems to be, then thank God for Topridge. With the holiday season here....this weekend ?.....the Mtn is in very poor shape for the masses! Won't they be unhappy with that AND Gold Parking. The only storm approaching is a Bitchfest. To be fair, the cause of this situation MAYBE something beyond Gore's control.
    incoming .................DUCK !

It was below zero this morning? Where they hitting the mountain hard? Probably not.....

I know the newer guns and compressors and pumps are more computerized could it just be a simple computer issue?

What's the point to have all that improved snow-making capabilities and not use it?

Unbelievable

It looked like they were blowing pine knot last weekend. Didn't see anything on Tannery or up top.