Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/12/gore-snowmaking-update.html

Facebook is saying Chatiemac too.
    Good news. Thanks Harv.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

What do you think folks, will they open Echo for Christmas weekend ? Twister ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    What do you think folks, will they open Echo for Christmas weekend ? Twister ?
    Not without some help from Mother Nature
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

ditto. if they can't get they snow system out of limp mode, it will be awhile before stuff is open.
    incoming .................DUCK !

They were hitting the lower mountain hard yesterday. Blowing on twister, (upper). Topridge was getting hammered... Not too sure why though looks like it could have been open w/o anymore snowmaking..

Showcase is top to bottom, they opened it yesterday morning, the lower half was very very very fun. a little dust on crust them some sweet MM powder sand. Last headwal was bega fun, you could jump 3/4 down it, also great to rip some nice turns in.

It was COLD yesterday, kept lots of people off the mountain and it skiied great. I heard that it was a compressor issue. Rumor looks like it doesn't need that much snow making. Chati/Hawk look like they could probably open, but with natural terrain I don't see it happening for more than a day.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

^^^ Finally some Good news. Thank You.

Not a prob, would have reported earlier but I didn't have time before heading into work last night.

So yeah, the whole lower mountain looks like it'll be open over to twister.

The terrain park had a couple more little rails

They may be pounding TR cuz they can't hit the summit and figure to lay down the lower mtn hard in the mean time.

Many prolly hope BR aka Sags gets open before long.

Better call the Shaman and bribe him to do the snow boogy.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Snowmaking last Saturday

Last Saturday they making a lot of snow Pine Knot, Tannery, Lower Sleighride, Stokes and Sunway below the Sunway chair and a few other random guns. This was more than I'd seen in the past. On Monday they were making snow on Showcase, Pine Knot and Tannery, but then it got above freezing and they had to turn the guns off. Looks like they are opening the entire front before moving to the summit or Burnt Ridge.

"Hi Chris, They're on Hawkeye, Cloud, & Headwaters right now, all of which are anticipated open for tomorrow."

**They updated their webpage mid-day to show Tannery and the Knot was now open**

There's a first for everything