Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    Not sure if you guys who really know Whiteface will find this interesting...but here's my TR from today:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2009/12/whiteface-126.html
    Nice report Harv. I always enjoy checking out your blog, it's very well down.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

view from the bottom......lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles
    view from the bottom......lol.....

That's Sat. Guns where blasting down there Sunday.

is the rail jam saturday the reason WF is still downloading?

if you have read any of my past posts you'll know i'm no fan of the terrian parks. why are they not prioritizing opening more terrian over having a silly rail jam on broadway this weekend. This is just plain not making any sense - we need more terrian open for the coming weekend but insteady they are blowing 5 feet of snow on broadway so they can build a park

wf could be open to the bottom right now if the focus was not on getting snow for a rail jam - this downloading thing is getting a little old already - it was fine for the first days or so - no other ski area in the VT is still downloading today

parks don't make money - they are a huge money suck. WF needs to keep their eye on the ball

Re: is the rail jam saturday the reason WF is still download

Quote Originally Posted by zski
    if you have read any of my past posts you'll know i'm no fan of the terrian parks. why are they not prioritizing opening more terrian over having a silly rail jam on broadway this weekend. This is just plain not making any sense - we need more terrian open for the coming weekend but insteady they are blowing 5 feet of snow on broadway so they can build a park

wf could be open to the bottom right now if the focus was not on getting snow for a rail jam - this downloading thing is getting a little old already - it was fine for the first days or so - no other ski area in the VT is still downloading today

parks don't make money - they are a huge money suck. WF needs to keep their eye on the ball

i agree 10000000% with you, but i'm also not under 20 years old. me thinks the young punks think rail jams are more important than skidding around on an extra trail or two.

Sugarbush is still downloading.

WF has been making snow on Lower Valley and Fox, so they are committed to providing top-to-bottom as soon as possible. Shouldn't be too long.

They most likely wont have any jumps open this weekend in the terrain park so they wont have a super deep base. Things like rail jams and terrain parks are very important at any mountain. They bring a young crowd to the mountain which insures there future customers. I agree they need to focus hard on getting top to bottom set up asap. Whiteface is doing a good job of balancing its ski racing history with a nice park. Being a destination resort you need to have a little bit of everything. Doing events like Nor Ams and World Cups cost the mountain WAY more than having a park but this is something they feel benefits them and im sure it does even tho I personally would rather them sink the money into new rails and snow cats. They need to look at the customer base as a whole not just a few of us.

HUH they have every hydrant blowing on the lower mountain, have been since its been below 32.

I am not a big fan of the parks either - although it does keep the rifraff in one place on the mountain. I do like to hit some rollers on occasion - nothing big. 3-5 feet is big enough for me.

The parks may not make money but they bring in all the kids. Kids bring parents who spend money (Ray Kroc and Walt Disney knew this all too well).

I went to Mt. Snow last winter and they have an entire portion of the mountain dedicated to park terrain - super pipe, jumps, terrain features, etc. It was packed with said rifraff. I am happy if they all stay in VT, but they do bring in money.

With all the snowmaking equipment added at Gore and Whiteface over the past 4-5 years I still don't understand why they can't light off a much bigger portion of the areas. I know the weather can be crazy this time of year, but all the long term forcasts are calling for pretty steady cold over the next 2 weeks.

I am headed to WF for new years - hoping lots is open by then!

Web cam shows tracks on Lower Valley.