Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by CS_Films
    The difference is ORDA and Whiteface. Whiteface's budget is mid 30 mil and they turn a profit each year. The real number for the state tho is how much money whiteface brings to Wilmington and Lake Placid. That number is an estimated 350 Million so for each dollar they spend whiteface returns 10. ORDA on the other hand looses money because of the bobsleds, ski jumps, and all of the other facilities around the area that dont draw a huge croud.
    Well said. i was just gonna ask that.

I've heard it put that way before, Gore and Whiteface profits help support the other Olympic venues. That not only makes sense but is also reasonable. There's value in having these venues. The Bobsled Run is one of only Two on the North American Continent.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Yea those venues are defiantly awesome and bring ALOT of money to the AREA but not to the venue specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    The difference is ORDA and Whiteface. Whiteface's budget is mid 30 mil and they turn a profit each year. The real number for the state tho is how much money whiteface brings to Wilmington and Lake Placid. That number is an estimated 350 Million so for each dollar they spend whiteface returns 10. ORDA on the other hand looses money because of the bobsleds, ski jumps, and all of the other facilities around the area that dont draw a huge croud.
    Well said. i was just gonna ask that.

I've heard it put that way before, Gore and Whiteface profits help support the other Olympic venues. That not only makes sense but is also reasonable. There's value in having these venues. The Bobsled Run is one of only Two on the North American Continent.
    not to be too picky, but 4 Bobsled tracks in North America - Lake Placid, Park City, Whistler, Calgary. Still, I really like going to the LP track. There is always something going on.

They dont draw huge crowds but they draw a lot of participants. Those people need to eat and sleep. Local business thirives because of that.

Yea they defiantly make money for the area. Just not for ORDA directly

The Govenor just signed a bill that the State Authorities have to open their books and submit to independent audits. These are bodies like the Thruway Authority, etc who control hundreds of millions of dollars each. The real DUH! is why haven't they been required to be open and audited before! fumbduckers.

***** I wonder if this new law...........applies to ORDA? ***** Could be interesting. Wonder if certain Placid luminaries are getting nervous? I don't care what you say, anytime there's insufficient checks and balances, a lack of transparency and accountability with other people's money, human nature takes over. just sayin. ORDA may doing a stand up job. But if their books have been off limits.......... Certainly those researching the WF finances here have found confused, incomplete or other wise insufficient data.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    The Govenor just signed a bill that the State Authorities have to open their books and submit to independent audits. These are bodies like the Thruway Authority, etc who control hundreds of millions of dollars each. The real DUH! is why haven't they been required to be open and audited before! fumbduckers.

***** I wonder if this new law...........applies to ORDA? ***** Could be interesting. Wonder if certain Placid luminaries are getting nervous? I don't care what you say, anytime there's insufficient checks and balances, a lack of transparency and accountability with other people's money, human nature takes over. just sayin. ORDA may doing a stand up job. But if their books have been off limits.......... Certainly those researching the WF finances here have found confused, incomplete or other wise insufficient data.
    ORDA is a non-major component unit so the books have been opened to State accountants all along