Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Today's Ski Report

The Party's On!!!

A great day, Very nice. The best part was from 11:00 on. There were some guns on Quicksilver that went wet early turning that run to mash potatos with a shower. Once they got the wet guns off, all was cool. The mashed potatos skied into mini moguls and refroze, so they provided some challenge and launches.

After 11, the Sun came out and stayed out. The Top down to Quicksilver stayed nice all day. This was winter, especially when the Mtn shadow came out. The snow was squeeky cold , you didn't even have to pole out Ruby's bottom. The air had a cold bite. It felt great to get the lungs full of cold air. There was good cover everywhere and 3-4 inches of manmade powder in front of the Saddle. There's a new tower mounted swiveling Snow Cannon by the North Quad that was putting down good snow volume.

If we get the 6-12 inches they're calling for Wednesday, Thursday-Friday may be sweet.

JFTJ told me there was a Bull Moose sighting at the Tannery/Straightbrook area this off season.

Given recent weather, I'm gonna rate Today a solid B. According to Gore's measurements, I skied over 25 miles today. Not bad for a first outting.

Brought to you by......

Snowballs. The C L way to bomb people.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Re: Today's Ski Report

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    The Party's On!!!
    Nice Report. How bout some pics?

My only real disappointment this weekend was no QuickSilver. Love that whole run. Hopefully they'll blow on it tonight to degakify it.

Winter is the BEST.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

nice report, 25 miles is a good number
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

it was a good day,other than the wet guns,nice too finaly get out,but wernt u puzzeled by the lack of snow making,there r sum guns going on top ridge,18 i was told,and a hand full on the front side,i dunno mayb i expect too much,but we have the cold they wanted,so i wood like too see them putting in a little more effort,o well it was a good day,just have too take what there givin.
    oh btw,the parking lot sure is funny,folks didnt no it was free,and parked outside the ropes,its gonna b sumting on a crowded day,just hope its worth it...

Currently its 7am Thursday, morning after a dump, and checking the ski report - Wednesday's report is posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser
    Currently its 7am Thursday, morning after a dump, and checking the ski report - Wednesday's report is posted?
    Nothing new is open... just called the ski phone.

More Bore!
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Now 8:31am Thursday, and yes, Wednesday's report is still on the website.

wind

For those wondering what's going on near Gore, it's very windy today. The forecast is for winds peaking at 50MPH. Depending on the wind direction, this is the kind of day that can wreak havoc with the detachable lifts.

Another good day! Wind was mainly an issue only atop Bear but in the afternoon it started working it's way down the hill. The trail had several inches of loose on it all day. Only later did it get somewhat blown off in front of the Saddle Lodge with the sides keeping some powder.

Even without bombing it, I did not have to pole once at the bottom of Ruby. The snow was actually kinda fast, The place was rather empty. Once again, i rode the gondi solo all day.

People are starting to duck ropes.... Fairview, Showcase and Wild Air. Patrol actually sorta opened Wild Air about 2pm. They didn't drop the rope, but they did post a " thin cover, some walking necessary, Black Diamond " sign.

Rumor is we lost our resident party animals. Chummer moved to Colorado. Jackie is in Florida.

Guns were going on Headwaters and the trails Jimmer mentioned.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Chummer moved to Colorado.
    Chummer went to Tahoe . . . but now he's back.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli