Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Glades open ?

WOW. Awesome Spring day. Really Warm. Sunny. Beautiful day. Did a Hawkeye and an Upper Chati to Straightbrook Woods. Both were good but that area got mushy fast. Headed to the Darkside. Everything over there was nice. The woods skied very well. Newts was a little punky, but the rest were great. Did laps over there for hours until my legs stopped working. I can't imagine the mountain will make it past this weekend.

Today was our last day, like yesterday was a Great Day. Here are list of trails we skied: Rumor, Rumor, Rumor and more Rumor. Everything else was boring.

Man ... sure looks like an awesome time today.

The folks who skied bell-to-bell ... PDQ, Jeff, Beth, Daniel, EDeO, Chuck, Kirby, Rochester Mark ... skied far too hard to deal with posting.

They sent me a bunch of stuff and I tried to turn it into something of a TR ... if I couldn't be there, posting it for them was second best....

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2010/04...n-ny-4210.html
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I'd put yesterday on the list as one of the 5 best days of the year. Its not often that we get 80 degree weather with snow still on the hill. It was really nice at 7am when I left Madstop, and wicked sunny the entire way down. Took a few runs on Hawkeye and thought I might be heading home early. Then I hit Rumor, and didn't stop hitting Rumor until the lifts closed...
    Don't Get Dead

I really should have skied the past few days..
    send it!

I predict that next Saturday, there will be good skiing, Lower Rumor will be the place to be.

I might recommend--if anyone is listening out there---move some snow into your key travel areas. To me there is no excuse for mud/muck and bare spots on the way to the gondi or other areas when there is 5-6 feet of snow load in piles not far from the areas. Gore has been around long enough to know and map the area that melt first. THE PLAN: 3 weeks before the end of season (or before there is mud on the snow) get the groomers to make piles of snow next to these areas, then push as you need. If this means decreasing the width of the trail, thats ok. Better yet..plan ahead 5 weeks before the end and blow a few piles where you will need them. I understand the mountain cannot pile up the snow on these areas due to grade, but you surely can have some extra snow on hand next to the areas to fill in as needed.

PS...what took so long to get out the rubber matts?

That said, I personnaly don't mind walking or skiing through mud, but others do and I think I might be in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2010/04/gore-ends-0910-season.html
    yeah--i didn't think they'd make it to Saturday. I was up for Easter and assumed they'd have to download from the gondola top station if Saturday was in the cards.... But I didn't know what coverage was on Pine Knot/Topridge/Uncas. Ruby Run and Sunway coverage were OK, but dried out right at top of Sunway double.