Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Big Tupper Thread - All BT all the time

http://www.skibigtupper.org/

The double chair passed inspection.

Now that Face2ss can finally post here you can get answers to all your questions about Big Tupper. He’s on the board there so he knows the deal.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: The Big Tupper Thread - All BT all the time

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    http://www.skibigtupper.org/

The double chair passed inspection.

Now that Face2ss can finally post here you can get answers to all your questions about Big Tupper. He’s on the board there so he knows the deal.
    Cool. Mattchuck2 will like that. He has fond memories of Tupper and a slight drool going on for that hill.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Haha, I certainly do!!

I freaking loved that place when I was a kid. I'm slightly scared to go back. You ever have that happen to you? You love a place so much when you're young, but then you go back as an adult and it's incredibly disappointing? I don't want that to happen with Big Tupper (and I don't think it will), so I'm putting off my trip there until there's a TON of snow.

Also I heard lift tickets were only $15. Yee-haw!

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

$15 for Day Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    $15 for Day Pass

Road Trip. When the season gets going, Pm me. I'll drive. Anybody in? Perhaps MC2 will give us a good itinery ideas.....or act as a guide.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I picked up a couple of the tee shirts for christmas gifts. Reasonably priced, retro graphics.

I have never skied there, but would like to add it to the life list. I image it will change quite a bit when (if) the full resort gets going. It like a chance to go back in time.

I've got this fascination with BT that I don't fully understand. I've never skied there.

I didn't realize until this year that I've actually been on the summit of Mt. Morris. It was summer after junior year in college. My best friend and I parked a car down in Northville and spent a week cycling through the Adks in a big loop. Coming up Rt 30, we saw Morris and climbed it just for the heck of it. I had no clue it was a ski area.

Here's my collection of Big Tupper stuff:

http://nyskiblog.com/blog/big-tupper/

If anyone has anymore ... would love to have it. Would love to hit it on the right day.
    Last edited by Harvey44; 01-17-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I'll be skiing there either 1/17 or 1/18 depending on mother nature.

Here are some of the basics about the Ski Big Tupper Again project:

.pls read the mission statement on the home page www.skibigtupper.org and you get a flavor of what is going on.
    . This is a bare bones, no frills, volunteer driven community effort to provide low cost skiing for our kids and adults who have missed out on skiing for the past 9 years due to BT being closed. We are a not for profit venture.
    . BT does not have snow making.
    . BT has an APA operating permit for one year. It will have to be renewed next year.
    . Chair 2 and the Mitey Mite beginner cable lift will be open.
    . Chair 2 is about 2200' long with 700 vertical.
    . Basically Blue and Green trails with a few Black sections. The trails will be a tad rough around the edges in certain spots depending on how much snow we get. We have salvaged a few of the old groomers.
    . All the original trails off Chair 2 and off the old T-Bar will be accessible as well as the bottom of a few of old Chair 1 trails.
    . Dates that we will be open are on the web site...basically Fri, Sat, Sun plus Christmas week and a few holidays shadowing the TL High School vacation schedule.
    . There will be no cafeteria. Part of the main lodge will be open for warm-up, boot changing, rest rooms, etc. We have a beverage vending machines. Depending of weather severity, there will be an outside hot dog/hamburger shack.
    . Lockers will be available to rent.
    . There will be a small Snow Sports school.
    . Cunningham's is going to have a small rental facility in the old lodge.
    . Yes, $15 daily ticket.

Season passes and merchandise are sold on line.

We are all really praying and doing the dance for snow!