Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Tupper opening was supposed to be today but mother nature did not cooperate. We are all set to go but need a good 8-12 inches of snow to make it all safe...

Pray for snow...big time! Thx

so....i haven't been......any first-hand trip reports??

I'll be there next Sunday. It'll be my first time there.

BT is open Fri-Mon for MLK long weekend.
    . Chair 2 and Mighty Mite lifts are operating 9-4.
    . Rentals are available
    . There is plenty of natural snow and trails are well groomed....mostly blue intermediate skiing
    . The snack shack will have hot dogs, etc....BYOB
    . $15 for a day ticket

Trip Report

Today was my first time at Big Tupper. Over all I was pleasently suprised! I got there just after 9am to clear blue skies and 30 degrees. My ski partner for the day Jeff and I met in town and I drove up to the mountain. There was an extremely happy volunteer that directed us to our parking space. I'd say there were 20 cars there. We booted up and walked up to the counter and purchased out $15 lift tickes. The attendant ask where we were from and was very impressed when I told her I'm from southern PA. (we are in town visiting relatives) We skiiedright up to the chair and crammed our selves into the double chair lift and headed up the mountain.

I'm horrible with trail names so I'mnot even going to try to remeber them. There was a very nice distribution on the easier terrain. Long cruiser and even a buding bump run. Something I reallyliked that I have not seen before in my travels is theway that theslope designers left natural contours in the slope. They are aren't flatdown hill super highways, they have rollers and banks that make the terrian, even on the easiest slopes more fun.

The snow conditions were excellent for a resort that relies on Mom nature. I saw 1 patch of ice on the entire mountain and it was small. In the afternoon some of the steeper terrain did start showing a little vegitation through but nothing to mess up your line.

Over all a good trip,I skiied to about 2pm and definintly gotmy $15 worth. Also be sure to stop by the gift shop and pick up a Big Tupper T-shirt ($10) or Hoodie ($25)

I tool 90 pics,I'll post them later.

kerovick...
    Very glad you had an enjoyable ski day at Big Tupper. We appreciate your candid report. Let's hope Mother Nature smiles on us!
    Cheers!

Forgive my space bar, it's doesn't work sometimes
    Pics to come

I'm just gonna link to photobucket, hopefully it will work.

http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/a...er%20Jan%2017/

Quote Originally Posted by kerovick
    I'm just gonna link to photobucket, hopefully it will work.

http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/a...er%20Jan%2017/
    Sorry no luck it just goes to the photobucket homepage.