I've come to realize that what I'm doing with my life isn't right.. Snowboarding is my life, my passion. I can't concentrate on school, I'm too busy checking conditions, reading TRs, watching vids, jonesing for powder. I'm stuck here in Scotia, NY for the next year... It sucks.

I'll be done with school in the spring (Humanities/Social sciences). It's taken me 4 years to get a 2 year degree.. Why? Mostly because school is fine for the first 2 months... Then it gets cold and I honestly just can't concentrate on school. I went to the lib today to study for finals because I wasn't getting anything done at home (kept checking sites, you tubing ect..) But I got there and started texting old freinds getting reports from CO, trying to set up people to ride with on Thursday, texting people urging them to get touring gear. I got up twice and went to the school computers to check on the incoming weekend storm (looks unlikely we'll get anything, I'm sure Mark has something to add to this). I couldn't study, I'd look at the book, and be reading the words with my eyes buy my brain was still stuck on places to ride, lines to slash, exploring new slopes.

Who's mark?!

Surely it's a lack of discipline; but its engrained in my heart. How are you suppose to discipline such a engraved emotion. Riding is the best therapy out there. It's part of me, why would I try to keep it at bay?

Luckily my GF came home this afternoon and said "You know I was thinking in my car today..."

I broke away from the new coffee maker and glared at her, we had just been talking about who was getting to the mountain this week and when.. I had a feeling it was something about moving West, it's been a topic of interest to the both of us to go back.

She went to University of Northern Colorado and graduated. I was out in Breck last season.. I was just had a feeling she was going to say something about going back out for sure.

She said she had been thinking about going back out next season, and she was 100% sure she wanted to do it. I couldn't have been happier. We briefly talked about trying Utah, Wyoming or Idaho rather than CO; it would put us level ground seeing as we both have connections in CO.

I'm just SO stoked, I think I'm coming to terms that I won't be making a ton of money pursuing my passion, and it's going to effect my life outcomes. But I can't begin to explain how much skiing means to me, my life revolves around it. I've only been riding 3 times this season, as compared to at least 6 days a week last year.

This is just a rant, but god I'm so excited.

Harv, I really don't know how you live all the way down there; you clearly love skiing- I hope you can at least move up here permanently someday. It really bites that this b/s rat race pulls us away from what means most to us!

Do what you like, Like what you do