Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scanning passes stinks!

Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. Plus half the time the lifties don't even fully scan the pass!

L8R

Scott-

not really a big deal

I duct taped my pass inside my jacket arm sleeve pass pocket and its no problems. If I switch jackets to the one w/out a pass pocket I just zip up my bottom jacket zipper so they have easy access..

And Y u tossing the lifty dudes in?? We should be organizing to get the lifties, that want to ride during shifts, the oppoertunity to do so; not bringing management down on them..

Scottrib, I notice you're from Burlington. With so many closer choices way do you make the trek to Whiteface? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you do, just would like to hear your reasons.

I have a friend who moved to Burlington over the summer. He still comes to WF every weekend.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: Scanning passes stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by scottrib13
    Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. -
    Huh? They only scan at the gondola and face lift. I usually ride the gondi no more than two or three times a day. I ride the face lift 2 or 3 times a season.

I dont see the big deal getting the passes scanned. You could always get your season pass from gore. Those passes dont scan.

Re: Scanning passes stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by scottrib13
    Hey now,

Ok, am I the only who thinks Whitefaces new policy of scanning your pass every run sucks? All it seem to be is a weak tool for the marketing dept. Plus half the time the lifties don't even fully scan the pass!

L8R

Scott-
    I keep mine in one of those plastic holders that have elastic for your arm. It's no problem, but when I take my jacket off I worry I'll forget and it will slide off. It hasn't happened yet though.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Ahh, you know though half the time the thing won't scan through the plastic in a pass pocket and I'm sorry but I'm not duct taping the thing to my jacket.

Also, overall I don't have that much sympathy for the lifties this year. Besides great guys like Tony and Mike people like that rasta hippy dude with the dreads and glasses are kind of douce bags. Overall the customer service of the lifties is pretty sub par when compared to Stowe or Killington.

If they want to do something worth the consumers time with the pass scanning system they should do something where consumers could go to whiteface.com and count the number of runs they did that day or amount of vertical feet, etc.

I like the lifties at whiteface. you should probably go back to K-mart where every thing is happy happy. bye-bye.

K-Mart?? Walmart bud Walmart. That's where the magic happens.

Hope your runs on Wolf go well for ya.

Scott-

Hey thanks! And I hope you skate on that Lewd Behavior charge. What you and your boyfriend do in the back seat of your '79 Duster is your own business.