Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hmm, interesting I guess people on the ADK's are starting to get good at Photoshop. I thought that's what they made the holograms for?

Anyway, Amway? Is that still around? You guys are great, I hope you all have a great day.

Thanks, and I'll see you all on Sat or Sun. And stay out of the pump house fort! That stuff is bad for you...

L8R,

Scott-

Why scan?

To date scanning has caught over 2-dozen people trying so scam the mountain one of which was an ORDA employee who was promptly fired. It has reunited countless kids with parents and parents with kids. Weather you are standing waiting to be scanned or waiting in the lift line the chairs move at the same speed and none go up empty. Its also aids in the refund and courtesy check application process allowing management to know what lifts were used, the times they were used and the number of times they were used. As for the comment about the lifties at Killington and Stowe they’d better be in a great mood cuz once you get into their lines your going to be there for about a half hour most days, Whiteface lines average 5 min or less!

DUDE :

20 minutes but they get waffles!

As for the comment about the lifties at Killington and Stowe they’d better be in a great mood cuz once you get into their lines your going to be there for about a half hour most days, Whiteface lines average 5 min or less!

No doubt on the lift line waits in VT especially Stowe. I would not ski there on a weekend. Once they buildout w/ their new base village it will be even worse! I like mansfields but way 2 many Redsox types over there on weekends 4sure!!

WF has a great group of lifties. I'm sure its a matter of respect given, respect returned w/ the 13 year old and his peeps.... peeps is gay like powpow

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you think there is a any chance WF can use some of the scanning data to something that can directly be used by the consumer and draw repeat visits to their website? It would be cool if you could track the runs you took that day, keep track of they days you rode that year, etc.

They could also use the data to run online contests like who ever achieved the most vertical feet in the season won a season pass,etc.

I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process.

Just my 2 cents bro bra.

Scanning is her to stay. It is a tool that almost all resorts use now. The question is what is the most efficient way to do it while not being intrusive to the public?

I’ve volunteered for an experimental program for next season. They are going to implant a computer chip in my neck and every time I go past the scanning wand I register. Should be fun plus a real conversation starter going through airport security.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

[quote="I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process."

Just my 2 cents bro bra.[/quote]

It's the first year but they have plans to expand once the bugs are worked out. I've been told once its fully operational they will be able to send a message through the scanner that would alert someone that another in thier groupd is hurt and they need to get to MSA ASAP.. All kinds of things planned but like anything it needs to work itself through.

I just took a little piece of duct tape and taped inside the pocket; not visible from the outside. U can still look "sweet in line" w/out any outfitt alterations or adjustments getting scanned.

If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks

[quote=Phineas]
    Quote Originally Posted by "I can understand why WF wants to scan stuff I have just noticed that they system whether it is the software or hardware has not been working well and is not a smooth process."

Just my 2 cents bro bra.[/quote

It's the first year but they have plans to expand once the bugs are worked out. I've been told once its fully operational they will be able to send a message through the scanner that would alert someone that another in thier groupd is hurt and they need to get to MSA ASAP.. All kinds of things planned but like anything it needs to work itself through.

I just took a little piece of duct tape and taped inside the pocket; not visible from the outside. U can still look "sweet in line" w/out any outfitt alterations or adjustments getting scanned.

If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks
    that doesnt make sense. why would you not scan the hot chicks? you would think you would want to scan them. dork

Dork

Quote Originally Posted by "If I was a lifty I would never scan the hot chicks[/quote

that doesnt make sense. why would you not scan the hot chicks? you would think you would want to scan them. dork
    well if they asked 2B scanned I would but if they didnt want 2B scanned I would act or cool and smooth like and just let them pass and then I would stop their boyfriends and tell them their pass is not scanning and they have 2go2 customer services, then I would ditch my scanner and lock and load and tour the hot chicks around! hahahahahahaha

you guys need a lesson on how to use the quote feature. how hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelwilly
    you guys need a lesson on how to use the quote feature. how hard can it be?
    it must be broken doofus