Thread: 12/19 & 12/20

12/19 & 12/20

So anyways I thought conditions where great this weekend. Mt. Run kept giving the gifts that keep on giving, constant manamade and great bumps…total blast.
    Whiteface’s snow making capacity is awesome, guns roaring all over. Top to bottom snowmaking on the Wilie which is scheduled to open this weekend. The lower mountain and Kids Kampus is in great shape for beginners and intermediates coming for Xmas week.

My camera broke so no pics.

I was nice to finally run into Face4me.

Had a great time at Stienhoff’s Sat. after skiing.

So what was your take on this past weekend?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Re: 12/19 & 12/20

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    I was nice to finally run into Face4me.
    It was great to see and ski with you again ... I'll keep looking out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    So what was your take on this past weekend?
    I was only out on Saturday, so not sure how Sunday went. Overall, I thought conditions were really good. I had been out for a couple of hours on Wednesday morning, and the improvement from Wednesday to Saturday was huge! They obviously got a lot of snow made and I thought they did a great job grooming, breaking up all the hard-pack that was created after the minor thaw early last week.

Mountain Run was certainly the trail of the day with all the new man-made on it. I also really liked Essex early in the day along the trees, skier's right. There was some really nice snow piled up over there. Same for Victoria, again along the trees, this time skier's left.

Looks like some great snow-making weather all through this week, so conditions next weekend should be fantastic. Looks like we might hit a small bump in the weather road on Saturday based on current forecasts, but let's hope things change in our favor!!!

Re: 12/19 & 12/20

[quote="highpeaksdrifter"]Whiteface’s snow making capacity is awesome, guns roaring all over. quote]

Sure wish we were saying the same thing on the other side.

Can't wait to get up to WF for New Years. Loved the willie trail last year. Hoping a trail or two up top will be open by then too.