Thread: 12/22

12/22

well chatimac was pure joy,best snow yet,pretty much all i skied,1 trip over too open pit,and that was relly good allso,the rest of the hill from what i saw was pretty wind blown,guess they had sum high winds yesterday,sun way was ok,didnt ski anything else..pretty good crowd for a tuesday,good too see people out.

its still funny too watch people see the paid parking thingy,most dont relize that its free mid-week,and wont go in there,the whole main lot was pretty much full.,,

Re: 12/22

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    well chatimac was pure joy,best snow yet,pretty much all i skied,1 trip over too open pit,and that was relly good allso,the rest of the hill from what i saw was pretty wind blown,guess they had sum high winds yesterday,sun way was ok,didnt ski anything else..pretty good crowd for a tuesday,good too see people out.

its still funny too watch people see the paid parking thingy,most dont relize that its free mid-week,and wont go in there,the whole main lot was pretty much full.,,

thanks jimmer. wish open pit was longer, really like that run. i did not realize the paid parking was free midweek, good to know (i'm assuming non-holiday of course

Agree with Jimmer, Chati was very fun. Open pit had the same conditions.. Didn't go on hawkeye, it looks bad enough from the lift. Pine knot was sheer bullet proof, Topridge looked the same. Took a few nice fast cruises on lower mt. All had same conditions, some nice man made with patchy windblown 'hardpack'. 3b was probably the best run on the lower mtn. Set up a handful of rails skiiers left of Ganj towers.

All in all the only good trails were up top. The mtn is very windblown, hopefully Santa brings something good.

Before going to the mountain did some road scouting for some 'back country' opportunities, found some stuff I'm extremely excited about

First guns on lies went online about 10:30. Trees: well stay out until the next snow (imo) I parked outside of the gates, I thought it was considred holiday period right now.

Took a drive through North Creek, the town looks great. Whats up with Mtn and Boarder town? I thought the store closed a couple years ago... but I saw mtn and boarder town vans/trucks. Blowing at the ski bowl, looks like it has enough to open tomorrow, though i'm sure they'l wait. A few souls over setting up the tube park..

The town looks really good, Taking a step back, ruling out all of this parking b/s. GOre is slowly putting their puzzle together. Of course they don't always do it the 'right' way but they are moving in a good direction (economy wise) A few more years and that area is going to be booming. Now I'm not sure I'll enjoy the 'resort' style but as far as North Creek is concerned I truly beleive this is going in a good direction.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things