Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sugar Valley Glades

Here's the sign for the Deer Valley entrance. There's not a sign yet for the entrance on top of Hickcock Hill.

Lots of poacher tracks. If we get the perdicted foot of snow I think the red tape might be coming down. can't wait to get in there.

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

If it happens ... and there is a god ... one of you guys will go in there with a camera and post em.

The radar is startin to look good.

GET IT!
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Sugar Valley Glades

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter
    Here's the sign for the Deer Valley entrance. There's not a sign yet for the entrance on top of Hickcock Hill.

Lots of poacher tracks. If we get the perdicted foot of snow I think the red tape might be coming down. can't wait to get in there.

Self portrait???
    The older I get the faster I was

Re: Sugar Valley Glades

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

Self portrait???
    Nope
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Didn't think so---I don't do it either
    The older I get the faster I was

Glade update......

Is anyone gonna provide an update on the new glades........?????

I was in there on Saturday. I thought there was very little coverage. So little that I wondered why it was even open.

Quote Originally Posted by asland
    I was in there on Saturday. I thought there was very little coverage. So little that I wondered why it was even open.

ok, fair enough....any other impressions/thoughts? on the terrain and thinning of trees, for example?

I saw this review of whiteface (including a pic of the woods) over at liftlines blog.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boa...ad82f1bc0757f1

I am not sure which entrance I went into but I think it was the deer valley entrance. There was a mellow downhill section. The woods seemed well spaced and had some good lines. The lack of snow though narrowed the width of skiable terrain and most people were forced into toward the center of the glade. The center got skied of quickly. With a few good snows though this could very quickly change for the better. Snow would not only cover the protruding stumps but it would allow people to fan out and get some fresh lines. After that initial mellow downhill the glade pretty much flattened out into a funnel near a river. It then opened up a little, still flat. It skied nice but needs snow.

asland