Thread: Wilderness Pics

Wilderness Pics

Wilderness was bumped up nice.

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

I miss skiing WF. Cannot believe I was there 1 day last season. How crowded are weekdays after President's Day (school vacation) ? We gonna see Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday Feb. 16th and then plan is to ski Whiteface for few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    I miss skiing WF. Cannot believe I was there 1 day last season. How crowded are weekdays after President's Day (school vacation) ? We gonna see Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday Feb. 16th and then plan is to ski Whiteface for few days.
    All I can say to you is there is no mountain on the East coast that moves people as well as Whiteface.

We just dealt with a wind hold on the gondi on a Super Sunday weekend, but still had no more than a one minute wait for ALL of the lifts above mid-station ( and that was with STUPID quantities of buses ).

Stay high, and you'll have no issues regardless of the number of cars, buses, planes, trains, whatever down in the parking lot.

You'll still have access to all the food, drink, and warming you could ask for at mid-station, and never see a wait.

thanks for the shots....we need more!

Does anyone have pics of wilderness trail on Sunday. They were blasting snow and the bumps in the center to left were really well spaced, smooth, and soft. And best yet, the lift and trail were mainly out of the high winds that buffeted the summit lift and skyward.

ps. Anyone have pics of skyward from saturday? There was phenomenal skiing up there. The center to left of the trail had some pretty deep man-made "powder" and if you could hug the guns and keep your goggles clean there was some excellent turns to be had.