NPR/Study: Ski Resorts Tell Tall Tales About Deep Snow

Study: Ski Resorts Tell Tall Tales About Deep Snow
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...39&sc=fb&cc=fp
    See Gore isn't alone...

8"

Like the 8" that Gore reports receiving in the last 24 hours?

Re: 8"

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    yea, i wondered about that too skier. I got 2-3 here by West Mtn. Anybody been to Gore recently to know for sure what they got? Harv? Jimmer?
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    yea, i wondered about that too skier. I got 2-3 here by West Mtn. Anybody been to Gore recently to know for sure what they got? Harv? Jimmer?
    Nothing! Woke up Sunday morning at my cabin -- no new snow (none this morning either), zero degrees and howling winds. Heard later that no lifts were running Sunday, but they didn't bother to tell anyone.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeworthy
    Nothing! Woke up Sunday morning at my cabin -- no new snow (none this morning either), zero degrees and howling winds. Heard later that no lifts were running Sunday, but they didn't bother to tell anyone.
    Thanks Sponge. guess they Gored us again.
    incoming .................DUCK !

guess they Gored us again.

i thought this passage from the article was interesting, and it also maybe speaks to why gore's FB discussion got shut down, as well as SkiADK's links:

But in the age of Facebook and Twitter, he also says these traditional snow reports are becoming less important. Today, many skiers are getting information from their friends who live near resorts. So Berry has advice for his colleagues.

"If you try and create a reality that you perceive to be the truth, it better be consistent with the reality on the ground," Berry says. "The consumer will remind you of that instantly if that’s not the case."

In the age of transparency within marketing, the game has changed. User generated content is where it's at. It holds companies to a higher standard. The days of customers believing everything a company says are over. See skireport.com. Pretty accurate.
    http://www.skireport.com/newyork/gore_mountain/

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with skireport.com. Sites like that plus this forum, facebook etc mean that an enterprise like Gore will find it more and more difficult to get away with delivering a poor product and alienating their customers.