Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHiker
    HPD is right the Gore site has gotten nasty in the last few months.
    Amount of "nastiness" is inversely proportional to the amount of snowfall.

Man we could use a couple of 6" storms. That's not asking too much to brighten everyone up, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHiker
    Man we could use a couple of 6" storms. That's not asking too much to brighten everyone up, is it?
    Yep, 6" of powder would solve a lot of problems.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

Duscussion baords are for lots of things...compliments, complaints, criticisms, general conversation, etc. That's why they exist. And since Gore eliminated their's due to too many criticisms & really not answering any legit questions asked of them, this seemed like a good forum. But apparently some skiers here find the criticisms too biting. Checking other FB sties, boards, etc. for other areas there's no way near as much negativity as there has been toward Gore this year so that's gotta say something right?

I typically do "shut up & ski" & accpet things for what they are but with expansion comes an increased toll on skier services & if Gore is having a difficult time now, how will they be able to handle all of the expansion, draw new skiers in a brutal economy on a very limited marketing budget & keep their primary constituency happy? Tough balancing act for Mike & co. but I hope it works. But as my dad used to say "if you can't stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen". So for those of you who don't like to read the negatives remember that those who write them has just as much of a right to post what they might feel are legit shortcomings as well as those who post positives or tend to overlook things like paid parking or no way to ssafely drop off your kids right now.

HPD, first thank your for your past efforts.
    While it may be true that there has been negativity on this site with regards to Gore, I think that negativity reflects some serious concerns with how the ski area is being run. Gore happens to have a number of significant issues converging simultaneously right now. I didn't think that the purpose of this forum was simply to be a repository for glowing customer testimonials. The discussions we are having are serious and appropriate for this forum, IMO. I feel I've been respectful in my posts, as have most others. I'm sorry to see you bail, and I respect your decision. But blaming this negativity on the individuals who express their concerns on this forum is missing the point: the problem isn't the individuals posting here, the problem IS the issues on the mountain that are creating this negativity.
    Again, thanks and good luck. I'm sure we'll be hearing from you in the future. And I'm sure I'll appreciate what you post, whether I agree with it or not. That, after all, is what this board is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    HPD, first thank your for your past efforts.
    While it may be true that there has been negativity on this site with regards to Gore, I think that negativity reflects some serious concerns with how the ski area is being run. Gore happens to have a number of significant issues converging simultaneously right now. I didn't think that the purpose of this forum was simply to be a repository for glowing customer testimonials. The discussions we are having are serious and appropriate for this forum, IMO. I feel I've been respectful in my posts, as have most others. I'm sorry to see you bail, and I respect your decision. But blaming this negativity on the individuals who express their concerns on this forum is missing the point: the problem isn't the individuals posting here, the problem IS the issues on the mountain that are creating this negativity.
    Again, thanks and good luck. I'm sure we'll be hearing from you in the future. And I'm sure I'll appreciate what you post, whether I agree with it or not. That, after all, is what this board is for.
    Well said.

+ 1000's. Word
    incoming .................DUCK !