Burnt Ridge / Cedars

According to Gore's facebook page. Burnt Ridge will be open Sat and Cedars has been regraded. Can anyone confirm on Cedars being regraded?

Cedars

From good sources, Cedars has been regraded, but perhaps not enough to enhance your snowboarding experience. I can't see how they will be open Saturday on Cedars. If it's open, it will be rough.

It will be interesting to see what effect the regrading has. Personally, I am a big fan of the BRQ terrain when fully open. I have felt that the biggest drawback has been the lack of interconnectedness. The various improvements to that interconnectedness (Cedars, Pipeline, etc) , if successful, will IMO enhance BRQ. Of course, I also would have like to see Sag left just the way it was last year - natural snow, minimal grooming. We need more trails like that.

Re: Cedars

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    If it's open, it will be rough.
    I suspect customers will be surprised.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Burnt Ridge was not open yesterday. Hacked off after Em said it was going to be open and was bragging about the new grading of Cedars. Now the facebook post on Burnt Ridge has been deleted. It's like the Twister tease all week about snowmaking only to find out it was closed and being used for racing Sat and this morning. Opening this afternoon. Happy about conditions yesterday just sick of the Gore BS.
    I think Gore needs way better communication both internally and externally. The Mountain that Loves to Lie. More Gored.

Closed today too

BRRRR

I think that Gore made a good decision on not opening Burnt Ridge. It's not always bad planning or a scam. The top of the area was a wind scoured glacier much like we often experience at the Saddle. I understand from very reliable sources that Burnt Ridge just wasn't worth opening. Mother nature just won't toss us a break this season.

Re: BRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    I think that Gore made a good decision on not opening Burnt Ridge. It's not always bad planning or a scam. The top of the area was a wind scoured glacier much like we often experience at the Saddle. I understand from very reliable sources that Burnt Ridge just wasn't worth opening. Mother nature just won't toss us a break this season.

instead of deleting FB posts in a cover up, why not just post something along the lines of the above?

Does anybody have an update on what is going on with Burnt Ridge? It did not appear that they were blowing snow on Echo yesterday (Sun). Website is silent, not only on the topic of Burnt Ridge but also on the topic of snowmaking in general. I know they had to shut down Rumor snowmaking yesterday morning, but that wouldn't affect their ability to blow elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I know they had to shut down Rumor snowmaking yesterday morning, but that wouldn't affect their ability to blow elsewhere.
    Yepper.
    incoming .................DUCK !