Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why not open the singles line at the Gondola????

This was a problem last year and it sounds like it continues this year. What's up with this?

It was opened when was there, that's about during 7..8 skiing days in December. What is it now, no more singles line, since when?

I think jerry means singles being refused entry into the Gondi singles line. it does happen. anybody who had this happen to them please post it up. if it's a pervasive problem, we can then get it straight out.

it happen to me several years ago. i thought it was a fluke and took care of it myself. appearantly it's not a fluke. We need to hear about it before we can rectify it.

Thanks Jerry for starting this needed thread.
    incoming .................DUCK !

is there a separate ski school line? if not, maybe if there are a lot of ski school classes using the gondola they restrict the singles line to ski school use only?

dunno....just trying to come up with an explanation.

looks like mountain host trying to play TSA official, deciding who is single and who's not.
    My take is if you're in singles line you are accepting to be in gondola separate from your party and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    looks like mountain host trying to play TSA official, deciding who is single and who's not.
    My take is if you're in singles line you are accepting to be in gondola separate from your party and that's fine.
    exactly.

I contacted Gore just last night and told them about this situation. I let it be known that it happens to people even when they are truly single. If it happens again, AND the criteria Tammy laid out is not present, I would suggest going straight, as in right then and there to Tammy, Emily etc. Tammy, Liftie Boss, spends more time inside the office now but can sometimes be seen at/in the ADK Express building or Gondi building. She has really long, lighter colored hair usually in a pony tail.

Best would be to get the cell phone out and roll the video.

" I'm a single. Are you saying I can't use the single's line? ". Show it to Mgn. Youtube it if you get no satisfaction and post links. Even without video, try to make sure you talk to Mgn. right away.

When it happened to me, there was no long " out the door " singles line at all.

To their credit they responded very quick. Gore's reply......

Dear sir,
    I was not aware of anyone being turned away from the singles line. I am aware of people as a group using the singles line. They are usually asked to use the corral. We have on occasion, had to ask people to group up and use the corral because the line to the singles lane has run out across the base area. This request is only used for the safety of our guests so that they are not skied into by skiers coming off the hill. We try to improve our loading capabilities as best as we can, with the customers safety as being the number one priority. Thank you for your comments and concerns we will monitor this situation more closely in the future.

Sincerely,
    Tammy Bukovinsky
    Lift Operations Supervisor
    incoming .................DUCK !

What was the deal with Chummer? He's not working this year?

The folks running the Gondi this year have got plenty of issues...

Last time I was up almost every time I got on the Gondi via singles line I was directed to a car that was already full. And I mean full. Like 9-10 people full....Most of those times I'd already loaded up the skis and was about to get in, then furiously had to try and get my skis out before the car took off without me. A real mess.

They were sure having trouble counting!

chummer's in california.