Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SIAWOL
    What was the deal with Chummer? He's not working this year?

The folks running the Gondi this year have got plenty of issues...

Last time I was up almost every time I got on the Gondi via singles line I was directed to a car that was already full. And I mean full. Like 9-10 people full....Most of those times I'd already loaded up the skis and was about to get in, then furiously had to try and get my skis out before the car took off without me. A real mess.

They were sure having trouble counting!
    They tried putting Rossi in a gondola that already had 8 people in it 4 times in a row one day. It was a bit absurd.
    send it!

I replied back to Tammy pointing out this ongoing lack of math skills by z lifties. I said she didn't have to email me back on this one so don't look for me to post her reply. Let's see how it goes.

Sounds like the mtn's gonna do alot of counting this weekend. Hope they dun gadgeeated the 6th grade.

If not, I'll demonstrate.

Cyphering goes like this...

Naught + naught is naught.
    Naught + one is one.
    Naught + two is two.

JK.JK.JK.
    incoming .................DUCK !

That's what the Triple >Wood In >Summit Chair is for.

I forwarded Tammy some of the points from here on Gondi overload. She choose to respond.

Dear Sir,
    > From many,many years of experience I can assure you that it
    > is not the loaders inability to count, (which is a little harsh!) but our
    > guests sometimes tell us one number and by the time they get into the
    > cabin one or two more have tagged along. We are instructed to load cabins
    > to full capacity of 8 people per cabin when we are busy. Otherwise the
    > public complains that they are waiting in line too long and that more
    > people could get on the mountain if cabins were loaded.
    > To address once again the singles line issue, we do not as
    > a rule use a singles line during the week when it is not busy. Everyone is
    > able to ride in their own cabin. Our job is to monitor the lift lines as
    > well as making sure our guests board safely onto the lifts.
    > As far as issues with the gondola this year, I can assure
    > you that there are issues every year. We address them as needed, and try
    > to accommodate all our guests.Once again, thank you for your comments.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Tammy Bukovinsky
    > Lift Operations Supervisor
    > ----- Original Message -----
    incoming .................DUCK !

Singles Groups

When the singles line is short, a group willing to take a chance at breaking up is actually doing a service to efficiently fill cabins. 2 of us often use the singles line. If the liftie can only put together 6 from the main line, she'll often pull 2 singles to fill the cabin. This is common. We take our chances and sometimes ride separately. Perhaps they just need a second singles line on busy days! I've never been turned away,but I avoid the lower mountain on holidays.

Gondola capacity

It's a little discouraging to see Tammy the lift ops supervisor state in one of the previous posts that the Gondola lift ops people are instructed to load the cabins, on busy days to "full capacity" of eight people. Did no one at Gore learn anything from the Ethan Allen disaster? That overloaded boat was one below it's full capacity of people, when it capsized and sank in Lake George a while back. It's a good example of what can happen when the load capacities of mechanized means of conveyance are exceeded. The capacity of each gondola car is posted quite clearly in all of the cars, and on on a large sign at the top: 1410 pounds, which I assume includes gear. A mixture of children and adults probably won't exceed that limit, but eight big guys always will. The gondola lift attendants absolutely should be instructed not to overload the cabins, and that cabin capacity can and frequently is reached before eight people are loaded.

Last weekend we were REALLY squished with 5 big guys, 2 average weight guys, and me (I’ll call me average). One guy started to do the calculations out loud and we were real close to 1500 lbs!!! The guy doing the math said he was over 300 pounds all by himself. None of us could move anyways but I was never so glad to get to the top and see Gerard!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogmom
    Last weekend we were REALLY squished with 5 big guys, 2 average weight guys, and me (I’ll call me average). One guy started to do the calculations out loud and we were real close to 1500 lbs!!! The guy doing the math said he was over 300 pounds all by himself. None of us could move anyways but I was never so glad to get to the top and see Gerard!
    Yeah with 8 people in there, it comes to 176.25 lbs per capita. that's including persons and gear. Seeing as that's the recommended weight limit, I'm guessing its something like 20% less that it can actually hold though.
    send it!