Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eats in the creek

Looking for recommendations on some food choices in area, for after the fireworks sat night. Obviously not fancy or out of place in ski pants. Thanks in advance!

Bar Vino is really good (small portions, though), I've had two good pizzas at Pete's Aaahhh, and there's always the ever popular (and always great) Black Mountain.

I'd add Trappers and the often forgotten Inn on Gore Mountain.

tom

Laura's has really good food upstairs.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

I'm looking forward to dine at Black Mountain.

Place would be packed by 7 so we're planning for an early dinner

I second the vote for Laura's upstairs. We ate there last weekend for the first time and it was awesome. Best grilled pork chops I have ever had. Entrees are 15 - 20 and we had extras to take home. Plus they have a dumbwaiter to send your beers up from the bar. Lake Placid UBU on tap.

Bar Vino is very good too. Love their plate of mussels and the gnocchi. They have dogfishhead 90 minute IPA on tap. Good cheap wines can be had in the adjacent shop. Owner is a hoot - especially after he has had a few.

Black mountain is always very good. The rumor is that the old Casey's North will be opening as Durant's one of these days - with the Black Mountain people running the show. I'll believe it when I see it.

Have fun this weekend - I will miss the snow. Can't wait to hit BR. Wife is "dragging" me to Mexico for a few days.

Burgers

Best burger in town at Laura's. Ask for fried onions. Is anyone really liking Trappers? I've found it mediocre food with weak service since ownership changed. For those willing to drive a few miles further remember The Owl at Twilight for nice ($$$) dinners and OP Frederick's for excellent food and very friendly service in a bit more casual setting.

Re: Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by adkskier
    Best burger in town at Laura's. Ask for fried onions. Is anyone really liking Trappers? I've found it mediocre food with weak service since ownership changed.
    Agreed on both points.

You must try the king crab legs at Laura's upstairs.
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

We ate at Laura's Upstairs on Sunday night, and it was really, really good. I had a burger, and my wife had some sort of portobello mushroom dish. Only complaint is that they were out of Ubu! (They said it was a busy weekend). Definitely worth coming back to for Burger/Pub food type fare (although I might just eat downstairs next time so I can watch the game).

Trappers

I don't think the menu is as good as the old one but I've had some nice sandwiches there since they reopened. Service has been fine when I've been there. Agree with OP Fredricks as a nice alternative.

tom