View Poll Results: What's your opinion of new Wild Air?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shweet! Nice features, under the lift, now I can show off my skills!

0 0%
  • I'm no park rat, but I dig the different sized features. I'm "progressing"...

3 23.08%
  • I prefer the sleighride park. Too many yahoos on Wild Air.

7 53.85%
  • Terrain parks are a liability. Get rid of 'em all!

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A half pipe would never work on the trails mentioned. Not enough of a consistent pitch and just plain not enough room.
    Another problem with Wild air is that if someone is looking to cruise a blue run that isn't the park, they either have to try to get around the gates at the bottom of Foxlair to cut to Showcase without being taken out by skiers or ski patrollers, take Ruby Run, or take the triple. Wild Air was really quite an artery of the mountain, I think that turning it to a park was like Gore trying to make it a playground of sorts for the kids, when most of the things in there are way too big for little ones to be "playing" on.

Quote Originally Posted by jmokes
    ward hill/little dipper rarely get skied @ all & would bring a purpose to that side of the mtn
    So true. Ward Hill would make for a great beginners park, and Little Dipper could be a great intermediate run to leave some bumps on. I think that since Gore has so many good skiers who are there for the trees/steeps, a bump skiing program would make a great addition to the ski school. Ward Hill would be a great run for people to start on, and skiers left or right of Hawkeye would be great to leave as a designated advanced bump run. Then groom one side that's maybe one or two cat paths wide.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    A half pipe would never work on the trails mentioned. Not enough of a consistent pitch and just plain not enough room.

...Ward Hill would make for a great beginners park, and Little Dipper could be a great intermediate run to leave some bumps on.
    I couldn't remember from Whiteface the pitch of the trail they had their halfpipe on... I do remember it was nice, and thinking of details, you're probably right about the two little trails not being long or steep enough. But I do like the idea of a beginners park that's easy to get to and a quick trail to play with bumps. And it's not like they are very hard to get to with snowmaking from Twin Fawns over and blasting up from Sunway.

At some point I hope that a trail/home can be found for a park... I'm not one to use it, but I know how much fun it is for friends and kids of friends and think it's very necessary for a family all around mountain.
    -Keep your skis happy!

Personally I'd much rather have the park on Wild Air than Sleighride. Wild Air even before the park attracted lots of kids, going in and out of the trees on the right side and jumping off the mounds of snow by the Gondola towers. Always tried to avoid it, Sleighride was a favorite until they made it a terrain park. Also Wild Air is wider so a group can go down it and if some people don't want to do the terrain park there is plenty of room to stay out of the way. Sleighride was too narrow for a terrain park