Thread: LOB

LOB

They startd making snow on it last night. We'll be skiing iy soon.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Still blowing top to bottom as of this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostillicus
    Still blowing top to bottom as of this afternoon.

Whiteface was awesome today. Great snow everywhere. First run gondi, down to Boreen.. like spring conditions, lots of snow and soft. I was surfin'.
    Then Skyward which was nice on skiers left where I normally ride. I saw some crazy people flying down that trail near out of control, i thought they were going to die. Cloudspin was the run of the day for me. Tons of nice snow on it, good carve all the way down and less intense than Skyward.

Diggin WF this year. Snow is always good on bluebird days. Johnny Moseley was there broadcasting for the ski qualifying event. World class skiers on course today which was pretty sweet to watch from the face lift.

LOB was one of the few areas I found truly soft snow this weekend (upper parkway was the other.) skiing was good. Huge whales from the snowmaking guns gave some unique features and lots of opportunities for big air. The moguls were soft and lining up well for a nice bump run. Was it ever nice to be able to ski down and get back on the lift or head over to the mt run chair. Great addition to the mt.

I suppose the rain forecasted they did not wan to groom as a snow saving measure.

On another note:
    1. Great time this weekend with all the world cup events. Where else can you ride the lift with the world's greatest?
    2. The woods are starting to look pretty good. Hopefully they will hold out on this weeks rain.

matt

Skied it for the first time today! A lot steeper and narrower than it looks but a lot of fun! Guns were going and snow was awesome. Not icy at all.