Thread: Sagamore

Sagamore

Anyone know if Sagamore will be open this weekend?

Yes. I think they closed in the winter a year or two ago but I believe they are open in the winter this year. Always a nice place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry
    Yes. I think they closed in the winter a year or two ago but I believe they are open in the winter this year. Always a nice place to stay.

sorry, should have specified... Sagamore the trail! I saw the pic of snowmaking on it on the gore web page... wasn't sure if they planned on opening it this weekend or not..

Sorry my bad. I haven't heard anything recently about it. Thought it was more of a summer thing. I would just give them a call to see if it is do-able in the winter.

Here is more info: http://www.thesagamore.com/summer-outdoor.htm Click on "summer outdoor"

snowmaking

I could see snowmaking on the upper part of the trail yesterday.

Gore is feeling pretty good about the opening on Saturday. It is the plan to open it.

I think they may be hesitant to promise it, in part, because of the recent situation with Echo.

I'm going to keep my eyes on the website.

It'd be way cool if we can have at Ms. Sagamore for one day, before they groom her.

No matter what opens, I'm skiing this weekend.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

They were blowing snow on it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostillicus
    They were blowing snow on it today.
    j u were on the chair with me,it was friggen water,lol,and only,well less than half way down,had guns .looks like they gave up on rumor

I got wet goggles a couple of times, Jimmer. I should have said that they were blowing "precipitation". For the record, the same 10 snowguns have been sitting under the chair at the top of Hawkeye for a week. I wish they would use them!

Sagamore will open tomorrow.