Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burnt Ridge!

13 59.09%
  • More Snowmaking!

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burnt Ridge or More Snowmaking?

Looks like we've got a little time to kill. So I thought I would try a poll.

The issue is out there. Why expand terrain when snowmaking is limited?

I totally get that. But after this weekend I'm conflicted. Burnt Ridge was incredible.

Obviously the answer is dependent on the weather and snowfall. If it absolutely DUMPS all winter, sure give me Burnt Ridge. If there is no snow at all, then snowmaking is king. So assume an average snowfall of 150 inches with 90 inches falling here and there, and two epic 30 inch dumps.

A vote for Burnt Ridge is a vote for Echo, Sagamore, The Cirque Glades and the High Speed Quad. Let's say a vote for snowmaking would increase capacity by 30%.

And let's also say, you're not really choosing BETWEEN the two projects. You can afford one project now, and one in five years.

What say you?
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I voted for BR. Personally I love to explore and have many options when on the hill. BR brings so much of that to the table... Easy access to Tahawus glades, Ms Sagamore, and Cirque Glades.

and it gives you this option... Cedars to BRQ, down Ms Sagamore, over to Tahawus glades, North Quad to Tahawus again or a nice cruiser to get your breath back, Wood In over to summit for Dark Side or Rumor, Lies, or Open Pit... Now that is a nice stretch of runs IMO

I'd rather have the Dark Side up and running...

i voted BR b/c it has the HSQ....we can't expect snowmaking elsewhere if it means keeping the HSQ closed.

Dark Side suffers when Burnt Ridge thrives so I chose snow making. Burnt Ridge is fun but a pain to get to and from and in low snow years that lower elevation is going to be a killer.

I went with br because I love the trails. Granted it's a pain to get over there sometimes, but I don't mind working for the goods. Plus I love the easy access to tahawus. Imagine a 20 inch dump, ride the quad ski Echo then Ms Sag. then Tahawus take pipeline down to the new trail to brq back up to the Cirque glades. You would never have to leave that side of the mountian. What we need is that 20 inch dump. Everyone do a snow dance.

I've already gone on record as being a fan of the BR terrain, so that's how I voted.

BR.

I also wish they had some snowmaking on Eagle's Nest and Pipeline. That way, if we do get some snow, a few lines would open up off the back side of Burnt Ridge too.

I voted BR as well. I know the snowmaking is going to come in bits and pieces. I can't wait for the day I can walk or take a short ride to the ski bowl, ride the triple and then get on the HSQ.

Hopefully soon after that they will quadruple the snowmaking capacity (I can always wish right?).

Sagamore is the closest thing I have ridden in the east that approximates a continuous "western" experience. The length and pitch changes are phenomenal. I know there are lots of tree peeps here but I wouldn't mind seeing another Sagamore type run on BR.

I hope it is open this weekend!

I voted BR as well. I know the snowmaking is going to come in bits and pieces. I can't wait for the day I can walk or take a short ride to the ski bowl, ride the triple and then get on the HSQ.

Hopefully soon after that they will quadruple the snowmaking capacity (I can always wish right?).

Sagamore is the closest thing I have ridden in the east that approximates a continuous "western" experience. The length and pitch changes are phenomenal. I know there are lots of tree peeps here but I wouldn't mind seeing another Sagamore type run on BR.

I hope it is open this weekend!