Whiteface 1-30-2010

Another bluebird day out there. Covered the face with lip balm and got at it. Conditions overall were good given the past weeks weather. First run we did Upper Mac on a recommendation. Wow, a tough warm up! Little sketchy up on that head wall but after that was great snow wide down the left side. Upper Skyward was good also. Some patchy spots but good coverage in many spots. Wilmington trail was deserted after lunch. I'm diggin that trail more. When we are the only 2 people on it you can explore around lines and found lots of fun spots most of the way down. Oh yeah, Boreen was a blast. The cats travel up the mountain on skiers left of that trail and till up the snow going back and forth all day, the result is a spring time like super carvable surface. Lots of fun all the way down.

There was also some kind of mogul competition going on. The kids were pretty impressive throwing backflips off the jumps.

Anybody else think the WF base lodge bar should be redesigned to have a monster 4 sided island bar in the middle of that room, and ditch the existing two? High ceiling over it and everyone would have a good view in there. I think it would make a ton of difference on the enjoyable scale.

nice pix! thanks for posting.

Anybody else think the WF base lodge bar should be redesigned to have a monster 4 sided island bar in the middle of that room, and ditch the existing two? High ceiling over it and everyone would have a good view in there. I think it would make a ton of difference on the enjoyable scale.

I like the window to the outside to get my refreshments .

+1 on CBMP.

Really nice report. Love the backflip and the picture of over towards the summit.

Like the new avatar too!
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44
    +1 on CBMP.

Really nice report. Love the backflip and the picture of over towards the summit.

Like the new avatar too!

Hey Thanks Harv.. What is CBMP?