Gore or Vermont this coming weekend?

Trail conditions not sounding so good lately at Gore. Thinking about central Vermont, Pico or MRG instead.

We are headed to LP for the weekend

Snow at WF sounds pretty good even if it is mostly manmade.

Season passes keep us in NY so no VT for me. Should be a cool vibe to be in LP when the Olympics kick off.

Bolton Valley

Just returned from a day in Bolton Vermont...about 30 min east of Burlington. About 2:15 to get there...LOTS OF FRESH POWDER!!! i took over 20 runs in the woods today...never hitting the same line. plenty of snow shower activity..similiar to jay. lift tix are cheap too 49 mid week 59 weekends/holidays

Kvogs ... Bolton has a good reputation.

If you don't mind ...2:15 from where? and what route did you use?

This guy, Jspin, is the king of BV. And he's religious about his snowfall:

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boa...8141&start=165

There's probably more info there than most people will use, but he keeps up with the snow updates, and his KIDS ..like age 4 and 7 I think ... are TOTAL rippers. The seven year old is on teles. The pics are unreal.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Go to Gore just for the dissapointment

2:15 from where? and what route did you use?
    Warren County airport...Headed out 149 to Rt 4 into VT then N on VT22A to Vergennes. Took Rt7 to 189 cutover...hopped on 89 til bolton exit....access road is about 8 miles from exit.

Good info on Jspin, i'll be checking his reports before heading N again...Bolton has supplied me with all powder days this year...30" Jan 6 and another 15" or so yesterday in certain untouched stashes

Southern VT

A coworker that skiis Stratton and Okemo told me that conditions were not so great there last weekend. No visible snowmaking for some time (he's only there on weekends). They are both grinding up the boiler plate each night but without new snow it gets skiied off pretty quickly. No info on other VT mountains.

tom

hey, factor in that we got a half inch of snow here today. Maybe less.
    incoming .................DUCK !

head to Northern vermont...Jay, Stowe, Bolton and MRG will be getting wraparound moisture off the Atlantic w/ a NW-N flow all weekend long