trails....why aren't they open!

I must say that ski patrols is extremely conservative with there trail openings. There are a bunch of traisl that could be open now especially with this new snow. 24 inches of wet gloppy snow, everything should be covered. If patrol thinks there is marginal snow (there opinion) they can always put a thin cover sign up to cover there but.

It is one thing if there is grass ang boulders every were but when there is 30 inches of high density snow, open the trail! or start pro-rating my pass price based on trails open.

what are you nuts??? there are 79 trails open and the slides just opened around 12:00
    The snow is still falling..........................................

more could be open

i skied today and it looked like empire was very skiable

also Cloudspin from switchback on down looked really good

both had tracks in them but i didn't go under the ropes

skied Sugar Valley glades from the deer valley ent were open - its was pretty heavy but the rocked seems pretty well covered with the heavy snow

based on how the slides looked before this recent snow I would be very careful in there - i've been in there when its at bronze status and the waterfalls are very sketcy - true no fall zones with big penalties if you do fall

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie marie
    what are you nuts??? there are 79 trails open and the slides just opened around 12:00
    It says bronze on the website. Is that the way they stayed all day?
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Right Now (2:18 pm), the web-site is showing the Gondola and Face Lift on wind holds and the Little Whiteface chair closed. It's also showing the Summit Quad and Lookout Mountain chairs as open, and the Slides open (Bronze).

One question ... with the Gondola, Face Lift and Lookout Mountain Chairs not running, how do you get to the Summit Quad?

walk.
    skiing for life...

yup ...i'm nuts. funny how the slides are open but empire isn't! i'm happy to see the slides open though. Heading up in the AM. And i will be skiing everything

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesnow

Heading up in the AM. And i will be skiing everything
    Me too, hope there are no wind holds.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

Forecast from NOAA for Wilmington:

Friday: Rain and snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a east wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

and for Lake Placid:

Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Windy, with a east wind 25 to 28 mph decreasing to between 15 and 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Could be trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Face4Me
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter

Forecast from NOAA for Wilmington:

Friday: Rain and snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a east wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

and for Lake Placid:

Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Windy, with a east wind 25 to 28 mph decreasing to between 15 and 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Could be trouble!
    if there is a wind hold you just start hiking! fresh untracked powder.