Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Eagle's Nest open ?

What do you think? Is this last snow enough that Gore will open Eagle's Nest this weekend? They did say we'ld being skiing it this season. The " 30 inches " of new snow oughta be enough to open it. There's shuttle service also.

Will someone go " fowl ", duck-a-rope and ride to goofy glory as the first one to ride that line? Who's Gonna Be First?

Somehow, I don't think Gore will open Eagle's Nest at all this year. Too much bad JuJu already.

Pssssst.....pics please!!!
    incoming .................DUCK !

The upper and lower pipeline and eagles nest ought to be open this weekend. 30 inches of wet snow ought to be enough to groom out. They also have the shuttle running.

Hit them up on the facebook page. maybe peer pressure will get them going

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla
    Hit them up on the facebook page. maybe peer pressure will get them going
    OH Yeah! They absolutely love me! Let's see how did Emily put it ?......." My good friend Snowballs " hehehe. Yep, I'm still waiting for that dinner invitation. Likely starve before she calls though. LOL.

I doubt they will open Eagle's Nest this year. I may well be wrong, but I don't think they will. There's a reason for that.

I ducked the rope on pipeline earlier this season and here it is: there is no Pipeline trail and no Eagle's Nest, it's all in their wild imagination. That "pipeline" road end in 100 ft with dead end

Supposed to be open tomorrow according to the website.

took pipeline on tues. it's a maintenance road, make sure you've got wax on your boards. nice long run tough, a little more grading and it'll be a decent way of getting to BR
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

It's supposed to be open today. Anybody gonna post an honest review?

Long and flat and pretty much an old work road. My guess, after looking up to my right while skating, is that Pipeline will be a feed out trail form some NICE North facing glades coming off the ridge.

ok sounds like you went to the Bowl? Did you, or anyone else cross the new bridge and take Eagle's nest to BRQ?

And why did we want that open?

No, seriously it wasn't that bad. The snow was slow and got stickier as you headed down to the bottom of the BR quad. Yes pipeline is amazingly flat, but I was kind of happy about Eagle's Nest being so narrow and more of a trail than a boulevard. There were some pitches here & there and if the ruts/lumps get groomed out better it's ok to get down to BR.

Cedars even though it is flat as well, is lots faster though than the roundabout way down Pipeline to Eagle's... but if I was finishing the day from the summit, I'd loop down and around and run out on Echo just cause.
    -Keep your skis happy!