Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

well what ever or how ever u get there,it was open today,,,all the trails on the dark side along with all the trails in the north were open,BUT neither chair was spinning,u had too go pipe line or eagles,,what ever,to burnt ridge,,too get back up,what a friggen joke,,alot of brain stormin went into that 1,and from what i understand it mostly flat,,way to go,,

I saw that.^^^ Wondered how popular it would be. I thought it was odd.
    incoming .................DUCK !

There is no uphill section after the crossing the new bridge to the BR side on route to the BRQ. It is kinda flat for a bit after crossing the bridge, but definitely not uphill. After the flat spot there's a nice grade down to BRQ.

Also worth noting, on the ski bowl side of the new bridge is a nice little steeper section leading directly onto the bridge. I believe if you just point it from the top of that you can clear the flat area after crossing the bridge. Skiers should be ok, boarders may have to push depending on snow conditions.

I hiked it this fall. Hard to say how it will actually ski, but my best guess would be that it will be fine. Also, snowballs description of the 2 bridges set up is exactly right. I didnt get to hike the section from the old bridge down to eagles nest but it seems to make more sense than crossing the old bridge then the new bridge again to get to BRQ. I also did not hike from the old bridge to the new bridge on the ski bowl side.... maybe THAT has an uphill in it?

Looking up at the ski bowl side from the bridge:

Here is the sequence from directly after leaving bridge onto the BR side and continuing down to the lift:

That's great news Goof! We/Gore don't need a bad project. I'll be very happy if the Ski Bowl goes as announced. Crossin fingers.

Thanks for the photo update Goof. Your pretty handy to have around. hehehe.

Glad you joined SkiADK.

Now it makes sense. Snowballs your post describes it (the one with the numbers).
    From the pictures, on sunday skied the bottom two pictures, and the left side of the third from the bottom. Which is the work road. Got it.

Looks like the true E.N. is the right side of the picture third from the bottom, coming in front the Little Gore summit.

Pipeline / Work road

i think the comments are correct, after the old bridge we were skiing on a work road. Whatever the case from what i remember it was all downhill (no poleing involved) after the bridge and it eventually got a decent grade. The flat parts were at the start of pipeline

Irrespective of the grade on the new bridge, one would have to come to almost a complete stop to go over the old bridge, it is not that wide and perpendicular to the trail.

The steel shown here will create our second bridge over Roaring Brook, and you will ski on it this season in a new route from the base of the North Quad to the base of the Burnt Ridge Quad! - Gore

http://www.goremountain.com/multimed...%2Ejpg&id=1220

That bridge isn't close to being done. No decking at all and I'm not sure the frame work is even complete. The approach needs work.

Anybody hear why?

There's a fair sized bank on upper Eagle's Nest, right before it crosses the narrow Pipeline trail. Then immediately another bigger one drops down to the new bridge. There's a bit of an edge off that side of Pipeline. So I can see us slowing atop the first bank, to see if anyone's coming down the Pipe, then dropping down, catching some air off the edge of Pipeline and dropping down to the new bridge.

Could be a fun spot. The way it's cut now, you could definitely catch air. If you had a lookout watching for cross traffic, so you could carry some momentum from Upper Eagle's, you could catch some BIG AIR and have a nice downhill landing zone.