Thread: Hoyts

Hoyts

I like it. It's long, good consistent pitch, and lots of turns. It was nice to finally ski it.
    Heres some pics of it:

The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Nice. LOVE pic #2!
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Same question. You think the coverage held up well enough that it will be open this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    Same question. You think the coverage held up well enough that it will be open this weekend?
    not likley unless they get a couple of inches and it stays cold.

It's open today, and there is light snow/snow showers in the forecast, and the temps are supposed to stay low to mid 30's........so the question is how much does it get skied out during the week, which I'm guessing is not too much. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIdds
    It's open today, and there is light snow/snow showers in the forecast, and the temps are supposed to stay low to mid 30's........so the question is how much does it get skied out during the week, which I'm guessing is not too much. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    As far as I know, Hoyt's was closed today. I rode up the Lookout Chair at about 11:00 and the sign at the bottom said Hoyt's was closed and at the top, it was all fenced off. Did they open it later in the day?

Showed open on the website conditions report yesterday. Shows closed today.

It was open today (tues)
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

Everytime I skied it I liked it more. I hope the money can be found for snowmaking on it. I think it is one of the best trails at WF. Having it open changes the whole feel of Lookout Mt.
    The Stone Age didn’t end because people ran out of stones.

Skied it Saturday afternoon. I like the feel of the terrain, the features of the trail, but it was hard to fully appreciate when I skied it. The temps were dropping, most of the trail was in the shadows, and it had gotten real crunchy. I chose Hoyts for that last run cause I had to check it out. My brother chose Lookout Below and was rewarded with sun drenched spring bumps to close the day.

Got into SV Glades as well. Liked the steep, tight turns off the Hickcock entrance. We took a left whe we probably should a gone right at one point. We did hit a nice straight, narrow shot thru some birch once we cleared the pines, but then we found ourselves bushwhacking along the stream bed until we caught up with the glade propper. But we did find untracked a week plus after the storm!!