Thread: April 10/11

April 10/11

With Pond Skimming scheduled for the 10th, safe to assume, conditions permitting, that they plan to be open thru that weekend. Wonder if they will extend weekends, conditions permitting, like they have in years past, or if the way the state budgets are they will just cut it off. I've skied the Slides as late as April 20. There's always hoping!!

April

Not to be negative, but I'll bet that ORDA pulls the plug as early as they think they can get away with it. If current temps and, maybe some liquid precip, it won't last long. Does anyone have any intel on ticket sales this season at Whiteface? I'm confident that Gore sales are off a bit. I see budget impacting the length of our season. April 10 may even be pushing it.

its all about $

there is a big group of Brits booked for the week of April 5 so WF will be open thru April 11 at min

all bets are off after that and i expect management will pull the plug after that unless they can get the slides reopen which would drive day ticket sales so revenue would more than offset expenses of staying open

Like ADk said, I wouldn't be surprised if Albany budget concerns aren't waying on ORDA. Those Albany malfuncs can't even begin to have a budget by April first....which sucks for school districts who need to finalize their budgets and have them voted on by the public this spring. It will be one big cluster crash as the Legis-Later! will not man up and do their job. Instead they'll blame others, postpone, slap bandaids here and there, and in general refuse to call 911 when the house is on fire.

Any Agencies would be wise to be weally weary of these wascals.- E. Fudd.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I have 2 working advantage lift tix that are good this year at Gore or WF. I had a couple friends that were going to use them last weekend but they bailed. I would rather not donate the money to the state. If anyone is interested please PM me. Asking $45 obo per ticket.