Gore Facebook Alert!!!

I know there's some on here who would absolutely not want to miss this info from Gore's Facebook. So FYE.......Saddle up the CRV........

Gore Mountain will be offering a sneak preview of 2 of the 5 trails opening next season! If you're up for a little hiking meet us at the bridge between 10:30am & 1:30pm tomorrow!Ride Up, Slide Down | Gore Mountain Ski Resort
    www.goremountain.com
    On Saturday from 10:30am-1:30pm, Gore Mountain will offer guests a sneak preview of terrain officially opening for the 2010/2011 season! These historic trails helped comprise some of thefirst commercial ...
    8 minutes ago

This is a cool, great idea. Good job Gore!!!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Does anybody know which trails down there are " Oak Ridge Trail and Moxham?".

If the liftline is open there'ld be some Schwing! in your skis.

Ok. I went. Really just wanted to see the new bridge and the interconnectablity. The new bridge isn't finished yet, no decking. To me it looks to be a flat poling exit from the new bridge up to the work road junction. Will verify later.

Didn't hike up to lil Gore summit, but I did shuttle back up with Jeff Byrne, VP at ORDA. I used the time to pitch the removal of the Old Gondi Summit building to him. He said Mike Pratt would like to someday do something with it and implied most likely " where it sits ". Aka lodge etc. I suggested tearing at least half it down so we don't have to go around it constantly. Better yet said I, if you want a really nice summit lodge, drag half of it over to the top of Cloud area and have High Peaks and Vermont views. He really liked that idea. It would require going thru all the permiting process for a new building " foot print " but not out of the question according to Jeff.

A lodge there would rock and be very popular. What a view! What a place to have lunch! What a place to hang out on the deck! Half the old Gondi building would likely suffice. I offered to round up volunteers to help since pennies are tight, be it tearing it down so it's out of the way or whatever....Just do something with it!!!

He said get with Mike Pratt. Anybody game to help work at Gore ?

I gotta give Jeff Byrne credit on a couple fronts. He chatted me up, feeling me out to get a read from a frequent Gore customer before He even said who He was. "Do you have enough room? (bus seat) Come here alot? Like it?

Also he said he comes to Gore several times a week. That's good to know some ORDA board members actually ski Gore and stay appraised of it.

I mentioned how cool it was to have so many area athletes in the Vancouver Olympics. He told me of the parade they had for them and the great public turn out. Apparently the athletes were signing autographs for quite some time!

That's a good thing.

I see they named the future Ski Bowl lift the Hudson Chair. So while riding it,....... drop trou, Half Moon?

" Why lookey there...The Moon is rising over the summit!"

Henry Hudson's ship was the Half Moon. Don't know Henry? He lives down the road.

New trails afternoon jaunt

This afternoon I skied down from the Gore summit. Upper Stielhang, Cloud, Santanoni, Woodout, Pete Gay, Upper Pipeline, across the Roaring Brook Bridge, down Lower Pipeline about 500ft, walked up the new trial to the top of Old Gore, skied down Oak Ridge to the old Cut Off now named Half & Half across to the old Ridge trail now named Moxaham and down to the Open Slope. It was a nostalgic adventure. Beauty day, nice snow all the way and a good look at what’s coming to Gore in the future.

That nostalgia aspect is cool. Many people have fond memories and experiences from the Ski Bowl. It's great they are now able to revisit them.

http://www.poststar.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html

Like the optimism in that article as well.