Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: orda budget

orda budget

http://adirondackdailyenterprise.com....html?nav=5008

1 million less then originally. They are doing a great job with what they have. Hopefully this will work out.

I am trying to think where I would spend more money at ORDA facilities. Any ideas? I might buy more food if I got a passholder discount, but I am not sure that would make more money for ORDA.

I'd probably buy and drink 4X the amount of beer in the cloudsplitter bar if there was better (friendlier and faster) service. 5X more with a pass discount. I'm just trying to do my part. Would this help the mountain?

Agree about the bartender. Slow and nasty.

You have to remember that the food service and the bar are run by Centerplate, so discounts in those areas may increase sales but it is Centerplate that will benefit the most.

Quote Originally Posted by toofaraway
    Takes forever to OR DA a beer, eh?

Yo, bartender...

Gore recently came out with some very real and tangible discounts for season pass holders.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    Quote Originally Posted by toofaraway
    Gore recently came out with some very real and tangible discounts for season pass holders.
    I'm going to file those discounts under "too little too late", Snowballs.

FWIW- The Centerplate Bartenders at Gore haven't done much to impress me either. They tend to act like they're doing me a big favor when they get around to doing their job.

Hey, at least the wings at Gore are decent when they finally get them to you. Wish Clouspin had wings.

I hear ya Frost. I'm hoping they'ld become a permanent perk for passholders. They don't do me any good cuz I don't lodge, eat or get my skis tuned there, I do all that at home. I was hoping for others to benefit!

So Frost, do I hear an undertone of " I'm kinda sorta maybe thinking of bailing on Gore " in your post ? It's a malady that's making the rounds. You infected ?

Now we have reports of Centerplate employees at both hills having a Bar-titude.

You might have to join PDQ in the parking lot for beers. She'ld be hard to catch up with on the hill.

orda cuts need to start at executive level

Ted and Jeff should start by cutting their own travel budgets. Jeff went to Europe and Ted went to the Olympics on Orda's dime this past season. Anyone want to bet a beer that these guys flew first class and not coach?

Seems that the organization is pretty top heavy. Any one know what the executives of Orda make - it must be public record.

Without further slashing snow making i can't see how they can save much more money. Except of course eliminating the terrain parks which would be a great idea in my mind.

I'm sure this means that there will be no snow making on Hoyt's and Gore's expansion will be put on hold

Staff training was already cut to an absurd level.

Re: orda cuts need to start at executive level

Quote Originally Posted by zski
    Ted and Jeff should start by cutting their own travel budgets. Jeff went to Europe and Ted went to the Olympics on Orda's dime this past season. Anyone want to bet a beer that these guys flew first class and not coach?

Seems that the organization is pretty top heavy. Any one know what the executives of Orda make - it must be public record.
    Applause! Applause!

Oysters and Champaign on the Ausable......while Gore hasn't enough coin for snowmaking.
    Trips to Vancouver and Europe......while Hoyt's goes unfinished.
    A 25 million dollar Convention Center....while the ski mtns get short changed and this makes long time customers bail.

Quote Originally Posted by zski
    I'm sure this means that there will be no snow making on Hoyt's and Gore's expansion will be put on hold

Staff training was already cut to an absurd level.

Agreed. The others don't wanna admit this and today Gore denied it, but ORDA will put everything on the table for possible slashing. Mike Pratt foreshadowed this when he and Harv were talking and Pratt said.... funding can be diverted at anytime.

We will prolly have to fight for our Mtns. The million dollar Orda budget reduction figure is all VERY preliminary, from the Gov. "proposed" budget. The final cut could well be much more severe. Keep in mind that our mtns charge as much as private ski areas and thus our ski dollars are adequet to finance our mtns, especially since Gore/Face never had to pay for a mortgage, any improvements or any taxes. That's huge savings! When there's little money for roads, schools, cops etc, the non skiing public will be screaming against tax money going for skiing.