Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: orda budget

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs
    So Frost, do I hear an undertone of " I'm kinda sorta maybe thinking of bailing on Gore " in your post ? It's a malady that's making the rounds. You infected ?
    I am really torn, because I love Gore and Whiteface and I have a lot of friends there and I love the terrain. BUT, the negatives are starting to sway me towards VT after 8 or 9 (can't remember exactly) seasons at Gore/WF. I can live with Gold Parking, management's (perceived?) lack of love for passholders, closed lifts, etc. The complete LACK of snowmaking when we didn't have the natural snow to ski anywhere but the trails is what got my blood boiling, and I've heard every excuse out there as to why they didn't or shouldn't have blown snow. The news from the State Budget is most likely the final nail in the coffin for me. I'd rather stay, but almost feel forced to go. My $ will go further at Killington/Pico and I can live with the longer drive. Sorry to rant about Gore on the WF board, but their futures are intertwined.

I agree with you on the Gore Wings, SKIdds. At least they got those right. The Chatimac Black from ADK Brewery has also been a favorite of mine this year. Do they have that up at WF?

I think that says it for about all of us. Really, right now I don't feel too secure in even buying a G/F pass. Albany is about to implode. Eitherway, there's a very good chance the Season Pass price will now increase substantially and services like snowmaking will decrease. I don't wanna pay even more for even less.

I'm starting to realize Ski Mtns are alot like Women. Every 7 or 8 years I get the itch for a new one.
    incoming .................DUCK !