ORDA to get 1 million less

"We're looking at everything from when we start making snow..."

When was that? The week before Feb. vacation?

“We need to work with other organizations and build the synergy to move forward,” Weibrecht said.

“At some point if we don’t find additional funds, were going to be forced to make some very hard decision,” said Chairman Joe Martens.

These are some of the best management quotes ever....you can take these to any board room in the US, or world for that matter. Takes years of study, practice, and eating at the taxpayer trough to get 'em down this good.

saratogasnowboarder, is that ORDA folk on the photo? If so, I wonder who funded that Vancouver trip?

Quote Originally Posted by I:)skiing
    “We need to work with other organizations and build the synergy to move forward,” Weibrecht said.

“At some point if we don’t find additional funds, were going to be forced to make some very hard decision,” said Chairman Joe Martens.

These are some of the best management quotes ever....you can take these to any board room in the US, or world for that matter. Takes years of study, practice, and eating at the taxpayer trough to get 'em down this good.
    OMG! I couldn't have said it better. Always thought the ORDA members have the Yada-Blah! BS sound bites down to an art. No one really questions their YB's cause it's the " Olympics!".

Here's a case on point. " At some point if we don't find additional funds, we're going to be forced to make some very hard decisions, " said Chairman Joe Martens.

Oh really? What about the Convention Center you're building? Why not focus your spending on the winter ski venues and not the Convention Center ?

Why should the paying skiing public suffer reduced services when you're spending their Ski Money on the Convention Center? We don't buy season passes and Day tickets so Lake Placid can have a Convention Center! We want Our Ski Money spent on our hill!!

You know what this means don't you? ORDA will cut back even more on Gore NOmaking money and funds for the Ski Bowl.
    incoming .................DUCK !

I think I just found $778,000 that the State can give to ORDA

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...rmarks_77.html
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

I was going to ask the questions about the ORDA budget but decided not to be totally lazy and Googled:

"ORDA BUDGET"

I can't figure out how to link the the pdfs I found:

http://www.google.com/webhp?rls=ig#r...0f3b167a3fb4f3

If those pdfs are real, it looks like total budget is around 35 million with about 20 million in revenue coming from Gore and WF and maybe 18 million in expense to operate the two ski areas. I'd always heard Gore was in the black and never new about WF. From those numbers it does look like both areas are returning somewhere between 800k and a million to the bottom line. Also looks like they pay around 2M in interest in principle.

No doubt loosing 1M from the state will hurt. If they take it evenly from each area WF, Gore and everything else ... that should be about 350k less for Gore and WF.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com