This week I followed up and emailed Mike Pratt that as the June 17th deadline approaches I was still concerned that the “CONDITIONS OF USE” statement was not amended to assure that funds would be returned in the event that Gore fails to open for the 2010/2011 season.

Emily replied to my email and she said: “Our season pass information was published in late March and it won't be revised”.

She also stated: “However from my knowledge and experience, I would be confident in purchasing a 10/11 pass.”

I believe that Gore would feel obligated to return our money if the mountain failed to open. I believe that the State of NY would want to keep our money or return it at a much later date.

Here is the deal, it looks like Gore is planning to open and operate in some capacity in 2010/2011. But what if they don’t? Then we have missed an opportunity to purchase passes early at a discount from the neighboring mountains and our funds may be locked up for a while with the State.

We are witnessing some strange events here in NY State. Thatcher Park is now closed and horse breeders are currently moving horses out of Saratoga due to the uncertainty of the summer meet. Those are realities I never thought I would see.

If I do purchase a pass, I’ll probably ask Mike to sign something that says I can have my money back if Gore fails to open. I’ll probably be ridiculed by the Gore staff and others on this forum but money is money and I doubt many of us would willingly part with well over a thousand dollars with no guarantees.