I have a question concerning purchasing season passes for next season. I have been reading about ORDA cutting funding to Gore/Whiteface next year and I am truly wondering if the mountains can be sustained without the input of funds. I certainly have no idea what the profit/loss situation is but from an outsider looking in, this seemed like a slow year. It most definitely was an abbreviated year compared to past ski seasons.

The following statement is copied from the Gore “Conditions of Use” page:

A MINIMUM NUMBER OF OPERATING DAYS IS NOT GUARANTEED.

A minimum number of operating days could be zero. If I purchase passes in June, and Gore does not open will those dollars be refunded to me?

The possibility of losing well over $1000.00 makes me nervous about my commitment to Gore. When considering the apparent difficult season, lack of ORDA funding, and the State withholding tax refunds, I believe an amendment to the “Conditions of Use” is appropriate. A statement such as:

PERSONS WHO PURCHASE FREQUENT SKIER PRODUCTS WILL BE REFUNDED MONIES IN FULL IN THE EVENT THAT EITHER GORE OR WHITFACE FAIL TO OPEN FOR ALPINE SKI OPERATIONS IN THE 2010/2011 SEASON

Are there any lawyer folk out there who have an opinion?