View Poll Results: Will you be buying a Gore/Whiteface Season Pass for the 2010-11 Ski Season

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Gore/Whiteface Full Season Pass

14 48.28%
  • Yes, Gore/Whiteface Non Holiday

1 3.45%
  • No, Season Pass for a VT Area

1 3.45%
  • No, Bouncing Around with Day Tickets

3 10.34%
  • I'm not sure

7 24.14%
  • Other (details below)

3 10.34%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am on the brink of paying with discounted passes and buying a season-non holiday pass. In hindsight I should have purchased the non-holiday pass this spring, rather than pay the 250 for 5 days of skiing. Stupid I know.

Oh well, Gore needs the money.

I'm gonna wait and see what happens in Albany. I have absolutely no, zero, nada faith in those clowns. Translation - I expect they'll fudge it up even worse than it is. It is amazing the depths of ineptitude they aspire to. Just when I think they can't do anything more moronic WHOOPS! there it is!

9 years ago the State approved Video Lottery Terminals. All they have to do is chose an Operator. They haven't. They claim the State is losing 1 million dollars a day because of no Operator. So da Gov chose an Operator a month or so ago. It was rejected by the Gaming Commission as an unfit Operator, ie corrupt. The Gov offered all his paperwork on the deal, but the Senate refuses to answer subpoenas for their paperwork/connections. So ya see, it's all fudged up, mass corruption rules, and the State is losing a Million a day because they can't decide which company to permit fleecing of the taxpayers. One Politician wants company X (his cronies and pocket liner) while another Politician wants Company Y ( his cronies and pocket liner).

Personally, I think there's too much gambling avalible now. It's a huge hidden tax on society. The above story illustrates how far they can go to screw things up.

Worse case, I'll buy some twin tips and become a Park Rat @ West. Look out below!
    incoming .................DUCK !

I received this note from a Gore Patron who is experiencing difficulty joining our site. So I took the liberty of posting it for her.

Any way to get new members online better/faster?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the heads up, but I already follow the skiADK.com website with interest. Unfortunately, I can't get on the forum. I applied months ago, but can't get on without a moderator...so I just lurk.

If I could get on the skiADK page, here's what I would say:

"The Democrats in the NYS Senate are playing with the lives and livelihood of the people of the North Country. They proposed cutting the ORDA budget, which will remove $350 million tourist dollars from the winter economy of the North Country, forcing the closure of restaurants and motels, mom-and-pop shops, and affecting all aspects of life in the area.

However, I understand that the Democrats have said that they will restore the ORDA budget, allowing Gore, Whiteface, and the Olympic venues to operate, IF and only if, the Senator Little will change her vote on another issue, (I heard it was gay marriage, but don't quote that for truth) even though that issue goes against the will of the people in her district.

In my opinion, this is simply extortion."

I posted on the Gore FB page to get the word out to the uninformed masses while trying to stay on the expansion topic.

I'm one of the folks with a choice to make. Driving 55 minutes to Gore or 90 minutes to Kton. I already have a Spring Pass a Kton and I can upgrade to unrestricted 2010-11 for $530. I ski midweek and Sundays. I got tired of closed lifts that closed whole sections of Gore. I don't want to spend $699 (or less with the Friends deal) only to find out that we have a part-time mountain. The Kton deal is only good through the end of April. If the NYS Senate doesn't make up their mind by then, I will be skiing in VT.

Keep me posted if you hear anything.

Thanks again,

The poster/lurker above isn't unique. It does seem likely that NY State will have a net revenue loss if they don't fund/operate Gore and Whiteface.

Snowballs .. with regard to the forum issue ... I sent Greg a note asking if he could push through any outstanding "applications." Without new blood eventually the forum will die and personally I'd really hate to see that happen.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Will be back in Summit County next year.

Epic pass for $600 is a deal that can't be beat. Breck, Keystone, A-basin, Vail, Beaver Creek and I'll most likley be using the Heavenly days as well.
    Listen to the wind, It'll tell you things

I see Gore came out with the payment plan for Full Season passes again. That's a good idea, though I don't know why it doesn't include all passes. I don't think it costs Gore anything. Last year there was an ~$40 per pass charge for this. The payment plan is a nice way to help people out, esp those buying multiple passes.

No surprise - we jumped in today. Mrs. Harv and I have full Gore/Whiteface passes for 2010/2010.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

I will buy my pass next week, but my wife will either use discount tickets/empire card. In general that doesn't work out as well for the mountain since you generally end up skiing less when you pay by the day.

I'll wait until November to decide about the kids - no penalty to wait.

We are in as well. Me, wife and 2 kids ages 12 and 14. Passes are getting expensive at about $2000 for the family. I sure hope they do a better job with the snow making. Also considering a seasonal rental. Add another $7000 minimum for the seasonal rental. This sport is sure getting expensive but it is one of the few activities that we still do together as a family that we all love. Those weekends together throughout the winter are what make it worth the cost.