Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Finish the NC connect so they can get back to the business of running a ski area!!!!! Make more snow, make more snow and make more snow did I remember to say make more snow. And in closing I think they should make more snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. There should be real flush toilets at the located at the top of Gore and the bottom of the Burnt Ridge HSQ. A third location could be the bottom of the Top Ridge triple. They should be enclosed in some real warming huts. Including a snack bar would be better. Gore is way to big and spread out to rely on just the Saddle toilets and snack bar. The distance in a straight line from the top of Gore to the bottom of BR is 2.52 miles. At Killington the distance from the top of Ram's Head to the Bear Mountain Lodge is 2.58 miles.

2. There should be a narrow connector trail starting 50 yards below the Foxlair/Sunway intersection as a way to get to Showcase.

3. Open the trees on the lower mountain from Twister to Sunway. I like the all open policy proposed, but it might leave to many options for error. The lower mountain drains in one place with some nice low angle glades.

4. As mentioned - fix the snowmaking. Unlimited Hudson water is useless if you cannot get the water to the slopes.

Quote Originally Posted by x10003q
    3. Open the trees on the lower mountain from Twister to Sunway. I like the all open policy proposed, but it might leave to many options for error. The lower mountain drains in one place with some nice low angle glades.
    Make one of these sections in the middle of the mountain--like off Wild Air or Showcase--a designated, blue square, "kids glade".

Draw a map NOW where the bare spots grow in spring. Pile snow in those areas 3 weeks before the melt starts.

Mgmt to thank the staff more often---most of them were absolutely wonderful. Not saying mgmt does not thank them now, but the more they are appreciated, the better results become, especially if there are no pay raises. Come up with incentives for staff to be customer friendly. If you have some, think of more. Happy staff brings more customers. This is one reason I set root here.

When the Gondi is open in off season, make it free or reduce prices. Lets be honest, unless my math is wrong, the mountain does not see 10% of the cost of running that thing...so chalk it up to public awaremess and marketing....or go with the more volume, lower prices = same cash intake. If you travel up to travel back down, its free. If you got a mountain bike---different story.

Let volunteers help out or do the mountain bike course building---with your plans.

I saw some partnership with town----Double efforts. Really join efforts for the town to market Gore and visa-versa.

Free (sorry Harv) water and sun screen bench on hot days. It does not cost much, but it YELLS---we care about you, our cusotmers.

Bring back SAME pizza recipe. It was good, maybe not NYC good, but better than most places.

Ask Mountain Bike Mike---to visit and give (or pay him) for advice. Consider co-marketing "come to NY" for mountain biking.

Gore--partner with Rails to Trails---get that NorthCreek line approved heading to North River and beyond. Then when you open for summer gondi rides there will be people that might pay--see above.

Summer Campfires (with guitars or whoever/whatever muscician/story teller can come--free) at little gore ski bowl.....Saturday nite. You now have the facilities, lets start using them.

Put in one of those zero-grade mountain bike mogul type trails that WF has---in the Ski bowl--open to public.

Money--- add skate park or trampoline park at Ski Bowl. Get a fed grant, partner with the town, find a sponsor. Where I live, the city paid for the materials and the city workers spent their "free" time putting it together....materail cost was $300k, but the finished product has 5- 1/2 pipes, tons of ramps, 1/4 pipes, rails etc.

Why summer stuff for winter? Marketing.

Gondi

I'll second no charge off season Gondi access for season pass holders. How silly to charge those who really support the mountain financially.

I'd take a Gore only non holiday pass for $409, like the one available at whiteface.

tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomCat
    I'd take a Gore only non holiday pass for $409, like the one available at whiteface.

tom
    I don't know why that's unavailable to Gore customers. Doesn't seem fair.

I see they're not offering the payment plan for passes either this year. I would think it's a good way to get people to commit to the " shaky " situation. Espescially with those eyeing up the Big K pass purchased by the end of this April. It is a nice way to help people out and I really don't see any down side for Gore.

I may just skip all this game playing and by my full pass from Face again this year.....if I buy one. Gore lifties wave Face passers right thru without even scanning them. It got to be I'ld just say " Whiteface " and they'ld wave me right through. Saves hassle and other people look at you like you're Glen Plake or MC2! "That's right, I'm bad!" lol.

Free off season Gondi rides for Passers would get me and mine up there. We're more inclined to stay in town for eats and such during the off season. As it is now there's WAY! too much other stuff to do here than go pay Gore for a summer gondi ride. It's not like it's just $10 dollars per person.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by adksara
    Enforcing no skis in the lodge - good idea
    How many times have you or someone you know been injured by people with skis in the lodge?
    Do they damage the lodge?
    What about people who have lockers in the lodge?

I bring my stuff in all the time. I don't trust people and I don't want to hassle with a lock.
    send it!

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    How many times have you or someone you know been injured by people with skis in the lodge?
    Do they damage the lodge?
    What about people who have lockers in the lodge?

I bring my stuff in all the time. I don't trust people and I don't want to hassle with a lock.
    Dang kids.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by fujative.
    I have had, and have seen, a number of close calls.

How much hassle is a lock? More than carrying your skis inside
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli