Thread: Interconnect

Interconnect

Web site says they are working on the bridge and have the cranes coming in soon. Does it seem odd to anyone that they would be continuing to spend money on something that is not essential (but certainly nice) when the budget is in such a horrible state? I wouldn't put an addition on my house if I thought I might lose my job.

tom

I think the money have been appropriated for that and that only. it's like having 529 educational account in above example

It was. 5 Mill. I expect Gore to put a business as usual face on, for now. To do otherwise would jeopardize sales. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bowl funds do get diverted to cover ORDA's assets. Pratt hinted at it and during tight times that's what gov bodies do, if possible. If say, there 2 Mill left, Albany may say take it for your budget and even pass legislation to permit it if needed.

They may have already had the bridge and it's install paid for. It was supposed to be done for this last season. I also suspect that the trails to skier's right of the Hudson Chair will be the ones open for Gore customers, contrary to other reports. Hence the map that shows such on Gore's homepage photo montage. The new map they just announced should define it for us.

Anyway, I really don't see how they're gonna cover it all, or even Gore proper with snow. If it was a pump problem last season, the Bowl adds considerable trails and I haven't seen nor heard of any increase in capacity, just more piping. Maybe someone knows more. Plus, the Snow Crew was rather pared down last season. They need more peeps just for Gore proper.

HOPEFULLY, this will be all moot and we'll be rippin the crap out of Gore and Z Bowl!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Denison
    I think the money have been appropriated for that and that only. it's like having 529 educational account in above example
    Correct. Appropriations are everything. You get a certain amount of time to spend it or pledge it by contract, or you lose it, and you can't spend one dime of it on something else that's more pressing (like snowmaking). So, what else should Gore do -- not spend it and let some downstate legislator grab that money for a local pork project?
    The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli

You guys see Gore's new pic o' the day? That's a pretty substantal bridge, should last a long time. Glad they didn't do it on the cheap. If you look REAL close, you can see Harv finally making his way out of the the woods...." What? Season's over? I thought the cover was just thin. "

I admire his dedication to the sport and the area. Harv provides a lot of enjoyment for many people. To me, that's a very good thing.

They should name the bridge.....Harvey Road

incoming .................DUCK !