Thread: Hike for turns

Hike for turns

Anybody planning on hiking for turns this weekend?
    As of last Sat, Lies & Rumor still looked good, at least from Rt 28. Incidentally, what's the latest anyone has hiked for turns at Gore? I have done it in early May, probably the 5th or 6th at the latest.
    Anybody who skis, please post some photos here, or better yet email 'em to Harv at: harveyblogger@gmail.com and I think there's a good chance he'll put 'em on Harvey Road. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who heads up to Jay to ride the lifts for one last weekend as well. 18-24" new...

i know a few people who i believe skied june 2nd on rumor. now this was a few years ago when they blew more snow.... fuji and i are prolly heading to jay sunday so we will hopefully give a good report on that.
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

Middle of May is the latest I've skied there but I have observed that the snow generally stays until the first week of June. Not this year though.

Sweet photos Keith.

I was thinking I'd offer a bounty to anyone who makes some turns on Gore in May.

I'm not talking about a stinkin cheeseburger either. It'll cost a bundle to drive up and do it myself, so maybe I'd offer half a bundle.

Hike up, hit Lies, give me 200-250 words of copy and 4 decent pics. It would have to be exclusive - posted on Harvey Road and no where else.

If interested email me at harveyblogger@gmail.com.

Jeff - my sympathies on your trip.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Harv.....load up the CRV and join the boys at Jay this weekend. YOU'LD HAVE A BALL! You truly deserve it. The camaraderie will be great and this should be an epic weekend for spring skiing. Fresh dump, sunshine, Jay's famous terrain, Jeff?, a couple cool juvenile delinquents..... It will put a smile on your face that will hold you over till next season.

Leave work early today, pack and get a going! A great season's end report for your blog.
    incoming .................DUCK !

We saw snow from the bottom, could not tell cover. Wanted to hike up with the kids, but that was not happening this weekend. Too much other stuff going on.

Hope you had a ball.