2010 - 2011 Seasonal rental

We (family of 4 with 2 boys ages 12 and 14) are thinking about renting a place for next ski season. Does anyone have an idea on what a decent (clean, comfortable but does not need to be 4 -5 stars) 2 -3 bedroom place would rent for the season. Any specific ideas on places I should consider. We are ok wiht being up to 30 minutes from the mountain. Would be best if the place was located between 87 and Gore so we would not have to drive past the mountain on the way to and from home. I appreciate any suggestions. thanks

YOu may want to check with Dillon hill cabins and Atekea cabins for winter rental. Both have nice rental cabins. Definately smaller than a house but I would guess quite a bit cheaper.

tom

Re: 2010 - 2011 Seasonal rental

Past season I had rented a house for the first time. Very positive experience: convenient having all stuff already in the house. I used to leave my house in NJ sometime after 8pm. Drive to Wevertown takes 3:05 (<75mph). My son (8 years) usually asleep by the time we arrive, so I just carry him right into his bed.

I intend to rent it again unless anything unexpected comes up. It is 3 bedroom house and cost me $5000 rent + $2250 utilities. We ended up skiing for 27 days (me and my son, my wife much less) plus some days we stayed there we were not skiing. Rented for 4 months, lived in the house about 1 month total.

..to be continued.. gotta work now

Denison .. didn't you post a thread on this last summer? Maybe it was someone else.

I tried to search for it and got a message saying "I had been searching too much recently." (?)

It's been MONTHS since I did a search.

Anyway ... I couldn't find it MWB but I thought it had some good info in it. Maybe someone else can find it.

We're not renting, but we have a place, which really isn't that different in effect. Coincidentally I got 27 days last year too.

I highly recommend it.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com