Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Way to go Connor! Great job! Great Pics. Looking at them made me wish I was with you. That rock looks like a great spot for Icarus to take flight. And the ORG midstation, Bigger than Texas, I was very surprised to see how big it is and it's in very good shape,,, book my family and Iskiing's family a weekend there.

It's very cool to get a look inside the ORG midstation. Bet your pics bring back memories for those who rode ORG before. Most of us would never get to see it without your effort. Thanks Connor.

Did you ascend it's work road? The ORG midstation is nestled in a little notch atop that thin ridge and has cool looking little knolls on both sides that look like they'd be fun to explore. I was also surprised how much rise there is above the midstation but I guess it should be so. One looks down a good ways from the TR chair to the midstation.

OK Harv, get baking.

Now it's joke time.....

What did the ditch say to the Toyota?

Guess that Prius just didn't see us!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Ah, that Snowballs...He's funny!

When looking at the midstation from down below, to the right is just a peak really. There is no point where a trail comes "down" to it. Lots of big boulders and cliffs. On cliff for example isn't wide, but has an average 30ft drop, then a big boulder that is on the cliff adds another 30+ft. So tallest part being 60+ft. That cliff is really sketchy to be on cuz it's sloped to the end. To the right of te midstation is also a ridgeline. Basically a really long steep clifflike section running parallel to the tannery work road so nothing really skiable put there. Also someone talked earlier about skiing to the org from tr3. Also wouldn't work. About 200ft behind the midstation is a valley that goes to the next tower which stands atleast 80ft up. I walked up the work road to otterslide glade, walked through those to subway. Back to the work road. Then bushwacked to get to the cliff. Then to work road and midstation.
    its not your altitude, but your attitude that will determine you altitude.

Very cool. The inside to of the building looks like one of those things where the people who left on the last day thought they were coming back.

Except all the gondi cars are gone. I guess they stored the cars at the bottom and/or the top? I assume they are taken off line.

The third pic of the base lodge is an interesting angle. Looks like a telephoto?

Yikes on the Prius. Looks like nobody was hurt.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

Telephoto, no idea what that means. Haha. Just zoomed in to get a picture of it. The lady was fine, like I said she couldn't have been going more than 10mph when she went in. The car looked like I didn't have a scratch. Btw that's the parking lot for the fireplace/chimeny store for those who care. Haha

also forgot to mention. on the way down i walked through the wildair glades. i must say they look like they will be quite fun. runs parallel to the trail, maybe 30ft off the trail. nice consistant pitch with nothing really challenging, but thats the point. without snow its hard to say how the lines will shape up but looks like some nice runs will form. plus for the park rats, with a little creativity there are some really nice jibs hidden thoughout. its not complete yet, not really half way down wildair. but for the gore staff readers, if you plan on going to the bottom of wildair, or anywhere on wildair for that matter, please dont put the out anywhere near the landing/drop in of a feature that would be on wildair, please please please. haha. if you do plan on going all the way to the bottom, just an idea, put the out where the last jump was, and move the jump to the otherside of the trail.

Rossi .. what Mike told me was that the exit was to be on 3B.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

ahh thats good then.

I thought Gore's new Pic o' the day looked familiar.

hahaha, i almost forgot i sent that too them.