Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Guys...excellent book recommendations.

WHile discussing books:

I just got

Adk waterfall guide--Russell Dunn maps out 67 waterfall trails from Saratoga to Peru.

Ski and Snowshoe Trails in the ADK Tony Goodwin. Maps out 50 hikes in basically the same area.

If interested in any particular area or hike, pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla
    The wife and I have sea kayaks so no river kayaking for us. I am interested in taking a whitewater kayak class. Always wanted to do it, but just haven't yet. We just spent some time in Saratoga and kayaked the Kayderossa creek - that was like being in a different world.
    The Kayaderosseras is a pretty nice paddle. Did you start from Kelly's Park in Ballston Spa or the bridge on Northline road right off exit 13N? At the end if you go a couple hundred feet past the take out there's a fun little rope swing where it empties into the lake. Isn't the river a bit tight for sea kayaks though?
    send it!

Hey Fuj. We were staying near the lake so I actually went in from the lake side. I didn't make it all that far until I hit some downed trees that made passage without a portage impossible. Still very pretty though. Reminded me of some backwater paddles in south carolina.

Sea kayaks are actually pretty manueverable so long as you don't get into much in the way of rapids. Getting sideways in running water is not fun. I have a 17 foot perception boat and love it. It is a very fast smooth paddle. It has a rudder but I have only used it a couple times in bad wind / seas. It is overkill for most inland lakes / rivers but I still love it.

Fun stuff. Last time I ran it we went from Kelly's park in Ballston Spa. There are two mandatory portages but they aren't too bad (other than the bugs).

Do you have family up here or did you just rent a house on the lake?
    send it!

We rented a house with another couple in the woodlands development at the north end of the lake. Had an awesome time.

No family in the area, but I am working on a plan to get my family in the area in the next year or so.

Highly advisable. There's sooooo much to do up here. You don't even need a ton of disposable $$$$ as long as you like nature. If that's not your cup of tea, even little dinky donk towns have free concerts,plays, etc. We spend most of our summer time swimming, biking and riding the quads. The ol Lady is getting pretty good on her's. She hauls azz. We've been stopping trail side and loading up on blackberrys. Piece of pie, lil ice cream....Still haven't seen a dang moose tho. Spent 5 hrs at Lake Luzerne today. Tomorrow Lake George. Wednesday somewhere, who knows. Then rip with the quads for a few days. Then swim @......

SO YEAH, MOVE!
    incoming .................DUCK !