Liftline Progress

For those who are someplace more interesting this weekend- some progress photos of the Hudson Triple liftline in the Ski Bowl. Photos are taken walking the center line of the trail and from, what I believe, are the locations of towers 1-4. Lots of snow making pipe lined up for installation. Lift components are at the bottom. Enjoy!

I noticed you said there's snowmaking pipe under the liftline on the new 46er trail. It's even in the photo....I wonder if this is just a feeder line. That would make sense as it's a direct path and ends at the summit. Then again, the Bowl is likely gonna be fed from the BR side and not the bottom......

SO....

Could a skier hope they're going to place guns under the liftline this season ? That would be wicked cool. That's probably the best trail at the Bowl. The better skiers would enjoy that trail more than any other down there - if it had snowmaking. It would be easy to do laps off the Hudson Chair and down the 46er making for alot of skiing. It's also fun when you can watch people ski a more difficult trail from the chair. Can't wait till that baby's moguled and the hot shots rip it while we watch from the chair. That's cool stuff.
    incoming .................DUCK !

Snowmaking

I believe that the plan is to make snow from the bottom. Believe it or not, Pratt already stated someplace (Harvey Rd?) that he planned to draw from the Hudson for ski bowl snow-making. I'd expect that getting the liftline skier ready will be a priority due to its visibility. Even Gore can't blow this opportunity.

Great photos Adkskier. Thank you for the update.

And you are right. Back in May we did our Gore Summer Update.

At that time, Mike said that water would be pumped directly from the Hudson for the Ski Bowl.

He also implied that while he was optimistic that plumbing would be installed on 46er, he wasn't willing to guarantee it.

Based on your photos, it looks like that info was pretty accurate.

Hoping to connect with Mike again at the end of the summer or early fall.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday and the fireworks were fun tonight.
    Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com