Thread: Swiming holes

Swiming holes

I am sure many of the locals know these areas. However this site is quite cool.

It points readers to "swimming holes" has good info, directions and many have Google Map links.

A friend has been telling me about "Black Hole" for 2 yrs. He is not great with directions. I have been searching it out (he never said the name, just a great spot to swim and jump off rocks) when possible. He said the hole was on River Road and you jump into the Hudson. I am guessing he was wrong, and it is Black Hole.

http://www.swimmingholes.org

Ooohhhh! Good find Him Say!!!

Hey, I see it mention Canajoharie Gorge. Heads up on any of those Gorges. Every year at least 4-5+ people die in them hiking the herd paths along their sides/top and whoops- plunge to their deaths. Every fricken year. Be extremely careful and wear hiking shoes with waffle stomper tread for such a walk. Just cuz you see other people do it( sneakers, tongs, walking close to edge) Don't Do it- like the site warned on waterfalls,etc. One thing the rescue personal always point out is the victim had the wrong kinda footwear on. Those hill sides are damp and loose.

Now I gots me some new swimming spots to check out. Thanks Dude!
    incoming .................DUCK !

Man that is incredibly cool.

They even have our local swimming hole:

http://www.swimmingholes.org/nj.html#HOPEWELL%20QUARRY

Maybe I should send them a pic.

Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com

The black hole is on harrington road off of 28. Down a few miles on the right. Its on Mill creek. Threres a rope swing and cliff about 15 feet into a pool. Also a waterfall a bit upstream.

We went down to the black hole yesterday. fun but a bit nippy